Natural Grocers SCMQA Support in Lakewood, Colorado
CO, Lakewood - CORPORATE / HOME OFFICE
The Software Configuration Management/Quality Assurance/Tier-2 Support (SCMQA Support) plans and directs all aspects of software configuration management and quality assurance activities within the software development group. This position ensures the integrity
of software work products so they are reproducible, well-tested, and installed into production following a well-defined, reliable process. Provides Tier-2 technical support for production applications
• Creation and management of software configuration management policies, procedures, and program plans.
• Responsible for setting-up, maintaining, and using a source control/release management system on a daily basis.
• Identify configuration items, components, and related work products to be placed under configuration management.
• Establish and maintain a configuration management and change management system for controlling work products.
• Create and release baselines development, quality assurance testing, and production.
• Track change requests for configuration items.
• Control changes to configuration items.
• Establish and maintain records describing configuration items.
• Perform configuration audits to maintain the integrity of configuration baselines.
• Interact with the technical parties to understand dependencies, ensure that impact from the various changes can co-exist.
• Continual improvement of the software configuration management, quality assurance, and support processes and procedures.
• Evaluation of available configuration management and testing tools and recommendation of solutions for the business.
• Perform quality assurance testing on applications within a Staging area.
• Produce meaningful and useful configuration status, bug tracking, and release reports.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be “hands on” and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive
This job description is not an employment contract: it does not guarantee you a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of your responsibilities. Your job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. You are required to accomplish
any and all tasks assigned to you by your supervisor and/or other corporate supervisors that may not be listed in this job description.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 2+ years’ experience in the IT industry.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, MIS, or related field.
• Patience and willingness to provide technical support to both technical and non-technical parties.
• Willingness and motivation to learn.
• Knowledgeable of the software development life-cycle.
• Comprehensive technical knowledge with strong communication skills (written & oral), and strong customer interface skills is extremely important.
• Have a solid foundation in software development and an excellent understanding of how software is constructed/assembled.
• Have a thorough understanding of C# and SSIS packages. Experience with building/integrating third-party libraries is also beneficial. Additional experience with Visual Studio is a plus.
• Understanding and extensive experience in software source control and release management. While Team Foundation Server (TFS) experience is ideal, familiarity with other source control systems is acceptable.
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through written word and be comfortable with addressing their colleagues and management on a daily basis through electronic communications, meetings, and one-on-one interactions.
• Excellent problem solving demonstrating high level of creativity and innovation with an eye towards delivering solutions quickly.