Washington State DSHS Carpenter in Lakewood, Washington
Join a team that is dedicated to Transforming Lives. We are currently seeking several temporary Carpenters to join our team in Lakewood. You will perform work using general carpentry skills and maintenance work. You will work under the supervision of the Carpenter Supervisor located at Western State Hospital.
These jobs are day shift (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) duration up to 12 months.
Some of what you will be doing
- Perform skilled journeyman level carpenter work for all phases of the repair, maintenance, and alteration of buildings, interior finishes, concrete structures, and building hardware.
- Repair all types of locks, both mechanical and electrical.
- Plans, schedules, and estimates time and materials needed to complete jobs.
- Operate trade specific hand tools. Qualifications:
Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as a carpenter full journey as a carpenter Membership in a union; OR four years applicable work experience. Vocational training may be substitute for work experience on a year for year basis.
What we are looking for
Professionals who have:
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, safety precautions, materials, tools, and equipment of the carpentry trade.
- Ability to work from blue prints, sketches and plans.
- Estimate materials and time needed to complete related tasks.
- Ability to operate and maintain hand and stationery power tools related to trade. Supplemental Information
We need a complete application specifying your work experience.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment please refer to Requisition #08573 and contact Patricia Warren at www.careers.wa.gov or call 360 902-8056.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08573(Multiple)
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,369.00 - $3,807.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA