Washington State DSHS Dietitian / Nutritionist in Lakewood, Washington
The Department of Social and Health Services' Behavioral Health Administration has an exciting opportunity for a Dietitian/Nutritionist to join our team at Western State Hospital as a Dietitian 2. You'll enjoy a rewarding career, exciting work, and the ability for advancement. In addition, you'll make an impact contributing to the qualify of life of our patients.
At Western State Hospital we are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a combination of talent, drive, and compassion. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our mission and our passion of providing exceptional care.
As a member of the treatment team, you will:
- Provide nutrition interventions, assessments, patient education, and nutritional therapy in an institutional setting. This includes anthropometric and laboratory assessments, food medication interactions.
- Design and implement the nutrition components of the patient care plans to provide optimal patient outcomes.
- Monitor patient response to nutrition intervention and individual progress towards achieving goals of medical nutrition therapy.
- Interpret physician diet prescriptions for specific disease states.
- Evaluate nutritional adequacy of diet prescriptions.
- Implement nutritional components of the patient care plans to provide optimal patient outcomes, participate in the planning of nutritionally adequate menus, participates in decisions regarding enteral formulary and patient menus.
- Design and provide nutrition education to patients and their families and coordinate their nutrition care with outside facilities/agencies to insure continuity of care upon discharge.
- Promote optimal patient health and subsequent cost savings.
- Direct ward food staff in performing professional dietetic work.
- Provide in-service training for dietary services and other hospital personnel concerning the nutritional care of patients at Western State Hospital. Who are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who have a Bachelor's Degree with major in Dietetics, Foods, and Nutrition or Food Service Administration and completion of American Dietetic Association approved dietetic education program
Active Registered Dietitian status and certification as a Dietitian with the Washington State Department of Health.
24 months of recent full-time experience as a Registered Dietitian
*Equivalent education/experience will substitute year for year for all qualifications *except when there are legal requirements, such as license/certification/registration
Who We Are
Western State Hospital (WSH) is a psychiatric hospital serving western Washington by providing evaluation and inpatient treatment for adults with serious or long-term mental illness.
To learn more about Western State Hospital and how our staff makes a difference in transforming lives visit http://www.dshs.wa.gov/mhsystems/wsh.shtml online.
Visit:* www.careers.wa.gov*. to submit a complete application.
Screening of application materials will be ongoing. We review applicants weekly and encourage you to apply as early as you can.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have questions about this opportunity, # 07623, please contact Lindsey Dicus at (360) 890-5962 or email Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-07623 EN15
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $42,492.00 - $57,144.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA