Washington State DSHS Hospital Central Services Technician 1 in Lakewood, Washington
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Behavioral Health and Services Integration (BHSIA), is seeking experienced, confident and team-oriented applicants to fill our vacant Hospital Central Services Technician 1 position. This is a day time position 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. with Saturday and Sunday off.
Western State Hospital is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in-patient mental health hospital, with two psychiatric centers consisting of the Center for Forensic Services (CFS) and the Psychiatric Treatment Recovery Center (PTRC). Also included on the hospital grounds is the Habilitative Mental Health Unit (HMH).
Are you ready to put your experience in maintaining and sterilizing medical equipment to work?
Do you have a thorough understanding of infection control ?
Are you willing to be part of a team who is responsible for inventory control and decontamination for Western State Hospital (WSH) as well as for the Child Study and Treatment Center (CSTC)?
Do we have you interested in this job yet?
This is a very unique opportunity for you to gain valuable work experience in a large scale hospital setting while expanding your knowledge and gaining hands-on experience.
Overview of duties:
- Follow all infection control guidelines according to The Joint Commission (TJC), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) standards.
- Transport soiled instruments and equipment from patient care areas to the Central Services decontamination area.
- Sort, soak and hand clean basins and instruments, disassemble as needed and load into baskets and process through automatic washer/sterilizer.
- Inspect, test, assemble, package, label and date instruments, basins and procedure trays.
- Load autoclave carts and process products, including surgical and dental instrument sets.
- Perform, analyze and document sterilizer function test using vacuum, chemical and biological indicators and take appropriate action for abnormal results.
- Inventory shelf level of processed items, rotate trays and products to accommodate inventory movement.
- Remove outdated trays and products from shelves and store sterile and/or clean products.
- Restock supply shelves and in participate in yearly fiscal/physical inventory.
- Distribute instruments, surgical trays, sterile linen and all types of medical equipment to patient care staff.
- Inventory and assemble first aid kits, special emergency kits, procedure and care kits and emergency carts.
- Provide customer service to patient care staff.
- Perform scheduled inventory of treatment rooms and notify the Registered Nurse 3, Registered Nurse 4 and Infection Control Nurse Manager about the results.
- Prepare and store bio-hazardous waste in accordance to regulations.
- Attend all orientations, required training and competency classes.
- Maintain medical equipment and supplies for WSH and CSTC. Qualifications
Who we are looking for:
We need you to have graduated from a recognized Central Services (CS) Technician course and be a board certified Central Service Technician for obtain certification within six months of hire at the employees expense.
Have a High School Diploma or equivalent AND one year of technical experience involving preparation and sterilization of medical supplies, equipment, and instruments in a hospital or institution central medical supply unit. Completion of a CS Technician course and obtain board certification required within six months of hire at employee's expense.
Must have equivalent education/experience such as Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant or any medical personnel with 1 year of experience in sterilization and aseptic techniques. Completion of a CS Technician course and obtain board certification required within six months of hire at employee's expense.
It would be great to have proficient computer skills.
To be considered for this position, you must complete the on-line application.
Who We Are
Western State Hospital (WSH) is a fully accredited, psychiatric hospital serving western Washington by providing evaluation and inpatient treatment for adults with serious or long-term mental illness.
WSH is located in the City of Lakewood, which is a suburb of Tacoma and is within a 30-minute drive to Seattle. It is the largest psychiatric facility west of the Mississippi River, with over 800 beds, and the second oldest state-owned enterprise, after the University of Washington. WSH is housed on 264 acres on the original site of Fort Steilacoom, amid 100 year old stately lined avenues. Local sport teams include the Seattle Seahawks (football), Seattle Sounders (soccer), Seattle Mariners (baseball) and Seattle Thunderbirds (hockey).
To learn more about Western State Hospital and how our staff makes a difference in transforming lives visit http://www.dshs.wa.gov/mhsystems/wsh.shtml online.
At Western State Hospital, you will enjoy a rewarding career with impressive benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including:
Optional Medical Flexible Spending Account
Retirement and other savings plan options
Paid Vacation & Holidays
See the Benefits tab for more details. Benefits apply to full-time and most part-time employees
Ensuring safety to the people we serve is our number one priority. Applicants considered for this position and other positions with DSHS, require a background check. Successful candidates will be required to undergo regular tuberculosis screening and comply with union shop requirements.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
For specific questions contact Christine Williams at email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10066 VN38
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/27/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,618.00 - $3,392.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA