Washington State DSHS Painter in Lakewood, Washington
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Consolidated Maintenance & Operations (CMO) is an enterprise unit within the Operations and Support Services Division. The CMO provides consolidated maintenance and operations support for Department institutional facilities and office complexes located around the state. This business unit operates on a charge back basis to assure that all institutional facilities meet or exceed the Department's and regulatory expectations.
CMO is recruiting for ten (10) talented and organized Painters to provide services at Western State Hospital. This this is a full time, non-permanent opportunity lasting up to 12 months. Core work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The designated days off are Saturday and Sunday.
- Use safety precautions and the methods used in preparing metal, wood, glass, plaster, cement and other surface for painting.
- Ability to prepare and clean surfaces bu use of sandpaper, burners, scrapers, sanding machines, dusters and paint removers.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of paints, varnishes, stains, shellacs, lacquers, enamels and solvents.
- Mix paints, match colors, apply products, undercoat and finish coat to furnishing, equipment exterior and interior surfaces of building and other structures by mean of brush, roller or spray equipment.
- Erect and remove portable mechanical scaffolding and work from scaffolding, and swing stages.
- Clean brushes, containers, spray guns and other equipment.
Who We're Interested In
Completion of recognized apprenticeship; OR full journey-level status in Painter's Union; OR four years of experience in State service as a full-time helper to a journey-level Painter; AND possess a valid Washington State driver's license and a driving record free from serious traffic violations.
Additional Skill and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment of painting trade.
- Knowledge of characteristics of paints, varnishes, satins, shellacs, lacquers, enamels, solvents, and related safety precautions.
- Knowledge of methods of preparing metal, wood, glass, plaster, cement, and other surfaces.
- Able to blend, harmonize, and contrast colors; apply paints and other finishes by brush, roller, or spray gun; and work on scaffolding and swing stages.
- Able to effectively communicate with management, peers, and customers as required to carry out the assigned duties.
- Able to respond to client and facility emergencies
- Able to identify those issues that need to be reported to the supervisor/chain-of-command. Supplemental Information
We need a complete application specifying your work experience.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Should you have questions about this recruitment, please refer to Requisition # 08582 and contact Patricia Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-902-8056.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08582(Multiple)
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,369.00 - $3,807.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA