Washington State DSHS Psychologist 4 (Western State Hospital) in Lakewood, Washington
Join the Western State Hospital (WSH) staff and use your expertise to make the decisions that will positively impact another person's life. The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Behavioral Health Administration (BHA), is seeking experienced, motivated, and compassionate Psychologist 4 candidates to make substantive contributions to our team. Positive and long-term changes are happening every day at WSH where patient care is our number one priority.
Psychologist 4s are considered experts in their field. As such, they are responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring performance standards, policies and procedures to ensure cross-unit standardization and quality control in psychological services. But, we are looking for more. We want candidates who are passionate, tolerant and have the ability to build long-term, beneficial relationships with both co-workers and patients.
What you will do in this job:
- Supervise doctoral-level psychologists
- Direct and coordinate work of psychologists with that of other institution service programs
- Serve as psychological consultant to Clinical Director, Superintendent and medical staff on problems involving psychological services
- Plan, execute and participates in treatment programs
- Serve as consultant to diagnostic, intake, treatment and disposition staff
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy to patients
- Participate in training and education of institution staff in psychological field
- Interview patients' relatives and enlist their aid in rehabilitation of patients
- Participate in clinical staff meetings
- Submit reports to superintendent on activities and problems of psychology programs
- Serve as consultant resource to Ph.D.-level unit psychologists
- Design, conduct and analyzes research projects
- Set standards, policies and procedures for facility-wide psychological services
- Supervise lower level staff.
- Plan, organize and direct psychology program
- Screen requests for diagnostic evaluations and psychotherapy and assign cases to appropriate psychologists for action
We are most interested in individuals who can meet or exceed the following desirable qualifications:
- Doctoral degree in Psychology from an accredited school or department of clinical/counseling psychology
- A license to practice Psychology in Washington State OR a license to practice as a Psychologist AND eligible to obtain a Washington State license before or by official start of employment.
Applicants may confidentially apply for this opening by sending a resume or CV and a letter of interest to Ted Koska at email@example.com. Ted is personally available to answer any questions applicants may have and can be reached at 360-628-1412.
Please note: This announcement will be used to fill multiple vacancies.
The hiring manager reserves the right to review application materials and make a hiring decision at any point during this recruitment process. Applicants will be reviewed on a daily basis. It is in the best interest of the applicant to apply as soon as possible.
Some jobs in our department may require a background check, including criminal record history and may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Who we are:
Western State Hospital is a psychiatric hospital serving western Washington providing evaluation and inpatient treatment for adults with serious or long-term mental illness. Located in the historic town of Steilacoom just south of Tacoma, Western State Hospital is less than an hour's drive from Seattle. Outdoor recreation is not far away and the alpine playgrounds of Mt. Rainier, the Cascade Mountains and Pacific Ocean Beaches are an easy drive. Western State Hospital is one of the largest psychiatric hospitals west of the Mississippi River with over 800 beds and 2000 full-time staff. To learn more about Western State Hospital and how our staff makes a difference in transforming lives click here.
At Western State Hospital we offer a benefits package designed to protect you and your family. These include, but are not limited to: major medical, dental, vision, optional medical flexible spending account, long-term disability, fully funded retirement, savings plan options, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and holidays and continuing education. For more detailed information regarding benefits, please review the benefits tab.
The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the recruiter at 360-628-1412. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384. The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#WorkAtWestern Click here to find out more.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-07072
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 12/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $73,644.00 - $96,636.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA