Washington State DSHS Recreation Therapist 2 in Lakewood, Washington
Do you bring a spirit of service, professionalism, excellence, compassion and teamwork to everything you do? If so, we would love to talk with you about a great opportunity that exists within Child Study and Treatment Center (CSTC). Join our team of highly dedicated mental health professionals!
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Recreation Therapist 2 to join our team. This person will have daily opportunities to expand their knowledge, skills, and leadership capacity while making a real difference to the people receiving care and treatment.
Our Mission is: "Working with children, families, and communities to promote effective treatment, healing, and growth in a safe and nurturing environment."
Be an important part of a wonderful team that provides great patient care and truly makes a difference in youth's lives that need it the most.
Some of what you will be doing
- Provide therapeutic recreational services to patients (ages 5 – 18) that have mental health issues.
- Perform complex assessments of patients. You will organize and implement recreational plans to meet the individual patient needs.
- Implement intervention techniques to bring about specific behavioral change or improvement in patients.
- Facilitate improvement of social, cognitive, emotional and physical functional abilities.
- Organize and lead recreational therapy activities both in and outside of the hospital environment.
- Confer with the interdisciplinary team, individual patients, and family members to develop and recommend patients therapeutic recreational program.
- You will be responsible to maintain statistical information and documentation related to patient care and evaluates the results of the individual patient plan.
What we are looking for
- A professional who has strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently lead groups of youth with severe mental health issues.
- A professional who is physically fit to endure and perform duties such as back backing supplies/equipment on a four mile hikes and setting up for special events.
- A professional who enjoys working independently as well as in a group.
Who should apply?
Professionals who have graduated from an accredited Therapeutic Recreation Program and have 18 months of professional Therapeutic Recreation experience. You must possess State of Washington Recreation Therapist registration and have a current Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist certification.
Recreation Therapist must be willing to attain a Red Cross lifeguard water safety certification. If you have questions about this exciting opportunity, please contact DSHS Hiring or (360) 725-5810.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10446 EG81E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/27/2016 12:00 AM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,140.00 - $4,109.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA