Washington State DSHS Recreation Therapist 2 in Lakewood, Washington
Do you bring a spirit of service, professionalism, excellence, compassion and teamwork to everything you do? If so, we would love to talk with you about a great opportunity that exists within Western State Hospital. Join our team of highly dedicated mental health professionals!
Western State Hospital has multiple openings for Recreational Therapist 2'sto join our team
At the Department of Social & Health Services, "Transforming Lives" is our mission and it takes dedicated people to make this a reality. Be an important part of a wonderful team that provides great patient care and truly makes a difference in people's lives who need it the most.
What you'll do:
- Provide professional level therapy services to patients with severe mental health illness both on the ward and the Recovery Center.
- Interview patients, develop, and document individualized assessments and treatment plans.
- Assess, plan, implement and conduct need-based psycho-educational treatment groups and individual therapy.
- Evaluate, plan, implement, and document age specific occupational therapy based programming.
- Implement individualized treatment plans assisting patients restore, remediate or rehabilitate to improve functioning and independence.
- Provide consultation and recommendations to a multidisciplinary treatment team regarding patient's recreational therapy needs.
- Conduct quality assurance audits and recommend improvements on rehabilitation services work practices.
- Provide consultation to management in regards to quality assurance results and recommendation.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- Graduated from an accredited Therapeutic Recreation Program with 18 months of full-time professional therapeutic recreation experience o equivalent education/experience
- Andhave or able to obtain (within 30 days of employment) a current Washington State Department of Health registration as a Recreation Therapist
- *And *maintain the National Certification through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRC).
If you have questions about this exciting opportunity, please refer to requisition #07975 and contact Lindsey Dicus
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
#WorkAtWestern 07975 #LI-LD1
Salary: $3,140.00 - $4,109.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-07975 ER21
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 5/30/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.