BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Senior Consultant, Product Implementation (Cato) in Lansing, Michigan
Life-changers work here
At CareFusion, we create innovative ways to help our customers improve patient care. We rely on bold and inspired employees who share our commitment to helping solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges.
CareFusion is now part ofBecton Dickinson, a global medical technology company focused on addressing many of the world's most pressing and evolving health needs. With our combined technology and expertise, we will become a global leader helping to transform the quality and cost of care for patients and clinicians worldwide. Join us in our mission to improve the future of healthcare and help all people lead healthy lives.
Job Title:Senior Consultant, Product Implementation Job Family Group (Function):Clinical Operations Job Family:Clinical Operations Track/Level:P49209 Sr. Consultant, Clinical Operations
BD Business Description
BD Cato™ solutions standardize compounding processes such as order review, medication picking and dose preparation to improve med safety and pharmacy workflow. Learn more:
- http://www.carefusion.com/our-products/medication-and-supply-management/medication-and-supply-management-technologies/pyxis-medication-technologies/bd-cato-medication-workflow-solutions *
The BD Implementation Department manages plans and coordinates the implementation of Medication Management Solutions products. Teams are assigned to customer projects and accounts based on regional/national organizational structures. These project teams include staff from BD and the customer, working in synergy with each other toward the common goal of an on-time, successful system implementation. Activities include implementation project management, product installation, workflow, system design and configuration tasks, integration engineering functions and general customer relationship and partnering activities. In addition to customer-facing responsibilities, this department is also responsible for many backend business functions including revenue forecasting and recognition, equipment logistics (including ordering, customer confirmation and return authorizations), implementation methodologies, solution design best practices and quality system requirements.
The Senior Consultant, Product Implementation is experienced with the implementations at the Large Hospital/IDN level. This involves extensive customer interaction and relationship development at the Director/Key Stakeholder level. In addition, the Sr. CPI guides the implementation process through demonstrated expertise of clinical and technical processes. Projects range in scope from large hospital to small/medium IDN level implementations requiring standardization across multiple product lines. The effective Sr. CPI must be able to clearly communicate, thoroughly document and demonstrate product implementation competency. This also involves working with the customer (with focus on large hospital systems to small/medium IDN’s level customers) by gathering customer requirements, defining best practices, design decisions and policy and procedures consulting. The Sr. CPI effectively performs the required tasks to ensure timely Go-Lives and customer satisfaction. The Sr. CPI must have the ability to establish collaborative working relationships with cross-functional project teams. Project teams will include multiple disciplines from within Medication Systems and customer teams. The Sr. CPI is a mentor for both customers and internal team members.
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
Technical - 70%
Large Hospital/IDN level requirement definition, workflow design, policy/procedure definition, education, etc.
Project Management - 5%
Meetings, planning, communication, documentation
Mentoring - 20%
Administrative activity - 5%
Home-based position with travel. Candidates can reside anywhere in the U.S. near a major airport.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Facilitation of conference calls and customer meetings primarily for large hospital systems and small/medium IDN’s for BD product implementations.
- Establish rapport with customers that is conducive to a long term business relationships.
- Provide team support and product information on BD Medication Systems products as assigned by manager. Mentors team members to ensure product and process competency.
- Must be able to manage complex customer teams, gain consensus within teams and deliver concise and consistent communication.
- Guides the review of customer site assessment and facilitates project design and implementation of BD Medication Systems products and technologies.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of large hospital/IDN level pharmacy/clinical workflow processes, hospital formulary build, hospital & pharmacy system integration, clinical device settings, interface validation (ADT, billing, patient profile), user account role design, active directory.
- Complete pharmacy and clinical pre-implementation assessments and future state design.
- Ability to interact and guide diverse cross-functional teams with a focus on large hospital and IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrate expertise of established BD Medical Systems Dispensing product implementation methodologies and tools or equivalent industry standards.
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and the ability to implement complex multi-site projects consistent with established company and customer objectives.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and ability to aid customers in improving current business/practice operations including standardization across large hospital and IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving, troubleshooting and system consultation as it relates to pharmacy workflow and best practice considerations and health system standardization.
- Install and support BD Medical Systems Dispensing software.
- Mentor team members on products, best practices and customer education.
- Expected to act as a customer support resource when necessary.
- Expert with BD Medication Systems Dispensing products.
- Coordinate client resources and assign project tasks.
- Ability to actively lead projects when required.
- Works independently.
- Timely completion of internal company documentation.
- Timely completion of project documentation.
- Determines own work priorities.
Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change.
- Education or Equivalent: *
PharmD degree preferred or equivalent education and work experience.
Experience or Equivalent:
3-5 years pharmacy experience. I.V. room preferred.
Expertise in HIS/PIS systems and pharmacy and nursing workflow.
3 years in healthcare environment with technical (systems) involvement and computerized system applications.
Dispensing software technology experience a plus. Must have a working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including BD Medication Systems products and exposure to solution design processes.
Experience with integrated delivery networks/large health systems required.
RPh, Informaticist, RN
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. This position may involve pushing, pulling, stooping, bending and lifting.
Travel may range from 60% - 80%, overnight travel. Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends. Ability to work independently from home office.
CareFusion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Senior Consultant, Product Implementation (Cato)
Requisition ID: 31026104A
Other Locations: United States of America