Microsoft Corporation Partner Technical Consultant in Las Colinas, Texas
Do you have a passion for Partners and a love of Microsoft technologies? If so, consider a career within Americas Partner Services. Our organization is responsible for the delivery of service offerings through the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN). Eligible partners are entitled to leverage our services to expand their skill set to compete with confidence and execute reliable deployments using their Partner Advisory hours.
We are looking for someone with expertise in the areas of Messaging and Communications and considered a “Cloud Voice” solution expert to act as a Partner Technical Consultant (PTC) to support Partners in accelerating their sales cycle by helping them design, develop and deploy customer solutions based on Microsoft technologies and methodologies. Partner Technical Consultants (PTCs) have the latest product, technical sales, and delivery expertise with a strong commitment to Partner enablement via knowledge transfer in 1:1 or 1:Many engagements.
The role requires strong technical expertise and consulting skills within the Unified Communications area. The candidate must be able to handle ambiguity and resolve problems with customer designs and code. Strong service delivery, time management, 400-level knowledge and real-world experience in defining customer Cloud Voice scenario’s is a requirement. PTCs share best practices through remote deliveries empowering Partners to continually deliver high quality engagements to customers. Through delivery of effective guidance, PTCs will work with Partners in 3 key areas: presales scenarios to win deals, deployment guidance to drive consumption and technical training to accelerate Partner cloud adoption.
Provides Partners with Guidance and acts as Trusted Advisor
• Provides assistance to Partners during the presales to deployment lifecycle on a range of technical topics. Guides Partners’ thinking through active listening, questioning, and reflecting. Provides vital insight and seamless service to help define needs and then provide advice within area of expertise.
• Coaches Partners through courses of action by helping to find appropriate solutions to enable new customer sales or optimization of existing customer deployments
• Builds lasting relationships through effective technical engagement in Advisory Solutions, enhancing Partner Experience and helping build Partner competency and capacity.
• Cultivates Trusted Advisor Relationship to accelerate Partner adoption and productive use/development of Microsoft solutions.
Delivers 1:1 or 1:Many Advisory Services to aid with Technical Presales, Education or Advisory Services
• Performs scoping activities and reacts confidently on Partner requests.
• Takes on requests with medium to high level of complexity and resolves majority on first contact.
• Leads structured 1:Many events and takes an active role in presenting content.
• Delivers 1:1 & 1:Many services with good efficiency regarding minutes per incident (MPI) / preparation time.
• Contributes to technical triage and technical reviews in area of expertise.
Maintains Solution Area Readiness and Technical Expertise
• Maintains up-to-date technical/ industry knowledge and demonstrate “Experienced” or “Expert” technical expertise of Solution Area.
• Shares knowledge and resources globally.
• Develops best practices for Solution Areas and develop/ deliver internal tech-talks/ brown-bags at level to improve team readiness.
• Delivers internal Train the Trainer (TTT) as needed for Partner Solution Consultants (PSCs) to be ready for technical content.
Participates in Offering Development
• Identifies and develops content for compete and emerging technologies (White paper, KB Articles & blogging) on respective Solution Area.
• Customizes content for presentations, demos, labs & case studies on respective Solution Areas
• Contributes to content review of global Intellectual Property (IP)/Content from an “Experienced” technical level.
• Creates scope documents that clearly describe the vision for local projects.
• Understands the overall business vision and provides contribution and feedback to the IP project team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• At least 3 - 5 years related technical experience in Messaging and Communication including deep technical knowledge of, and real world experience in, Microsoft Voice solutions Relevant workloads include Messaging, Voice, Conferencing, IM/Presence and strong knowledge of IP/PBX systems and components
• Key technologies include:
• Skype for Business
Exchange Server online
• • Knowledge of competitive cloud technologies
• Demonstrated capability to design and implement Skype for Business Server and Online architectures (or equivalent Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) experience.) Proven experience with PSTN infrastructure components like Voice over IP (VoIP) gateways, Session Boarder Controllers (SBC) would also be beneficial.
• A proven understanding of Microsoft Partner needs, business knowledge and demonstrated engagement experience
• Expertise in analytical thinking and problem solving skills, paired with passionate spirit for new technologies and quick learning skills.
• Ability of identifying gap, creating approach of addressing challenge and driving for results while maintaining the highest quality standards.
• Ability of providing technical mentorship in respective solution area, and formulating skill development roadmap by
• Ability to positively impact and influence people around the world through effective coaching and quality management.
• Excellent/ Effective communication, stakeholder management, cross boundary collaboration and organizational skills
• Exceptional oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Customer service & support