HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Materials Coordinator Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada
JOB TITLE –OR Materials Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Responsible for leading, implementing, measuring, and directing all Supply Chain related activities within the O.R.
SUPERVISOR – O.R. Materials Manager
SUPERVISES - In the absence of O.R.MM supervises the O.R. Internal Control and Supply Chain Technicians.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Clean up and maintain O.R. PAR locations and other master files in the POU and SMART system.
· Manage the OR Supply Chain Technicians and the O.R. Internal Control Coordinator in the absence of the O.R.MM.
· Prepares schedule for the onsite O.R. Supply Chain Operations.
· Responsible for the daily Supply Chain Operations within the O.R. to include requisitioning, inventory and delivery of all O.R. supply.
· Responsible for implementation and management of the O.R. perpetual inventory system (POU) to include supply optimization for all areas managed by Supply Chain.
· Responsible for managing the implementation, cleanup and optimization of the O.R. Meditech Supply Inventory dictionary and Supply Inventory on Physician Preference cards.
· Manages case picking of supplies and works with O.R. clinical staff and O.R. Internal Control Coordinator to maintain accuracy of case picking.
· Works with Clinical Resource Manager (CRM) on all O.R. Supply Cost Management projects.
· Serves as O.R. point of contact for sales representatives.
· Maintains effective communication with SCD, O.R. ICC, O.R. Analyst, CRM, O.R. Director, OR Nurses, Surgeons, Revenue Integrity Nurse, and the Facility Management team.
· Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug-containing devices relative to core competencies of the position.
· Responsible for procuring specialty items for the O.R. to include implants where applicable.
· Responsible for the management of O.R. consignment inventory.
· Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Organization – proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources.
· Communication – communicates clearly and concisely.
· Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services.
· Policies & Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
· PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required, knowledge of SMART system and Meditech beneficial.
· Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills and demonstrates comprehensive job knowledge.
· Graduate from Surgical Technology program and/or equivalent clinical training.
· Minimum of three years of relevant clinical and/or materials experience may be substituted for education requirement.
· OR experience preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – Surgical Technologist.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pound occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Title: OR Materials Coordinator Sunrise Hospital
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08754-11540