HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - Women's Services - Part Time Days in Las Vegas, Nevada
Under the general direction of the Director, independently provides holistic, individualized care using the nursing process for patients routinely seen on the unit. Demonstrates clinical competency, nursing judgment, teaching skills, and a commitment to improving the quality of patient care. Independently performs general and unit specific clinical skills.
- Assessment of Patients: Systematically and continually assesses the health and status of the patient assuring the application of age specific standards.
- Care of the Patient: In collaboration with the patient/family, with regard to developmental, cultural and age specific differences, develops and implements patient care plans to include problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- Education of patient/family: Provides patient/family education with regard to assessing ability to learn, special learning needs, and evaluating effectiveness of teaching.
- Surveillance, prevention and control of infection: Follows established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection by use of personal protective measures.
- Management of information: Documents assessments, interventions and evaluations of care objectively and timely, using the computer technology required by the department.
- Leadership: Provides clear, concise and pertinent direction to the care team, based on resources, identified patient care needs and nursing staff skill level, documents critical incidents, uses time and supplies resourcefully, functions as charge nurse as needed.
- Documents assessments, evaluation data and interventions accurately and completely in a timely fashion.
- Observes patient symptoms and changes in condition and alerts appropriate personnel. Takes expected action and intervention.
- Follows through in reporting problems or critical incidents that may adversely affect patients, staff or the unit. Uses appropriate chain of command in acting as a patient advocate.
- Utilizes safety precautions and reduces risks of acquiring or transmitting infection by using protective equipment and cleaning contaminated bay equipment.
- Provides clear, concise and pertinent patient report of information to floors including special patient needs and concerns.
- Demonstrates motivation by assisting with unit responsibilities. These may include chart review, inventory, precepting new employees, completing QI projects or acting as Unit Rep on various committees.
- Responds with flexibility in an attention to high and low fluctuations in staffing needs according to census.
- Works effectively with students as appropriate.
Education · Graduate of an accredited school of nursing Licensure · Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada Experience · Appropriate to patient population and level of care Certifications · BLS, ACLS, BAR, BLS · S.T.A.B.L.E. · Neonatal Resuscitation Program · AWHONN Fetal Monitoring/HCA Advanced Fetal Monitoring (L&D, ante partum pts as appropriate) · New employees without previous labor and delivery experience are required to take the introduction to fetal monitoring within 90 days of hire. · Within 6 months of hire new staff must attend and complete the 2 day AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring course. · ACLS (L&D) .
Title: Registered Nurse - Women's Services - Part Time Days
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08967-3235