HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vice President - Quality & Risk Management in Las Vegas, Nevada
As the Vice President of the quality program, the Quality and Risk Management Director is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring the hospital’s quality management/performance improvement program. The VP serves as facility expert in quality management tools and techniques and is the community representative for quality management.
The VP directs the clinical risk management program, including the functions of clinical risk management, claims management, program administration and risk management education. Responsibilities include coordinating those systems necessary for identification, evaluation, monitoring, reduction and/or elimination of professional and general liability risk exposures. The director provides counseling and education to facility leadership, clinical personnel, board of trustees and medical staff members related to risk exposures including risk prevention and risk reduction. The VP participates in the management and support of professional liability litigation at the direction and under the guidance of the HCI Department of Claims.
The VP is comfortable and skilled in working with a variety of members of the healthcare team, including physicians, healthcare providers and other stakeholders and is capable of gaining immediate credibility with individuals through experience, presentation, communication skills and compassion.
The VP maintains professional and effective working relationships with all members of the Health Care Team.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical healthcare experience in an acute care hospital
- 2 years of clinical risk management/quality management experience preferred**
- Supervisory or leadership/management experience**
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· Baccalaureate degree. Masters Degree in Healthcare related field preferred.
- Knowledge of PC based computer software (ie Word, Excel, Access or similar system) preferred**
- Knowledgeable regarding national quality databases and information systems**
Demonstrated ability to establish interpersonal relationships necessary to promote an effective working environment
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada**
- Quality management certification
- Risk management certification preferred**
Title: Vice President - Quality & Risk Management
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08967-3658