Indian Health Service Medical Officer (Family Practice), (Internal Medicine) or (Pediatrics) in Lawrence, Kansas
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following locations:
- Lawrence, KS
- White Cloud, KS
- Anadarko, OK
- Carnegie, OK
- Claremore, OK More Locations (6)
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Saturday 10/1/2016 (20 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/23/2016 (63 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position serves as a Medical Officer in one of the Indian Health Service Clinics or Hospitals throughout Oklahoma and Kansas. This position reports to the Clinical Director of the facility.
This position is being announced concurrently under ESEP/MP procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-OK-1812199-ESEP/MP; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Current vacancies at the following locations :
Claremore Indian Hospital Clinton Indian Health Center Lawton Indian Hospital Pawnee Indian Health Center Watonga Indian Health Center
*This Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) allows acceptance of applications throughout the year with eligible applicants being placed on the register and referred for consideration when vacancies occur.
*Your application will expire in 3 months from application date and you must reapply to keep your application active.
- Serves as a Medical Officer by performing diagnosis and treatment of patients commensurate within his/her specialty training, education and experience.
- Provides direct medical services including diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic services within the specialty.
- Ensures appropriate medical records are maintained and updated.
- Communicates effectively with patients and families with multiple health problems and of different backgrounds.
- Not Required
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses. Paid expenses will be paid in the interest of the government and not in the interest of the selected employee.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- ### Qualifications
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Basic Requirements A-C: A. Doctorate Degree in Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).] Must submit official or unofficial copy of transcripts (official transcripts must be provided before EOD) showing doctorate degree conferred. If applicable, must supply ECFMG or fifth pathway certificate. AND B. Medical License: A current, non-temporary, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. AND C. Residency Certification: At least three years of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting (i.e., a 3-year internship or three years of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training). Include only those internships, residencies, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Must submit copies of internship, residency, and/or fellowship certificates totaling three years. Applicants that are currently enrolled in their 3rd year of internship, residency, or fellowship program and are within 9 months of graduation may be referred out. In this circumstance applicants must submit a letter from their internship, residency, or fellowship program stating they are in good standing and their expected graduation date.
In addition to the requirements listed above you must meet the following qualifications at the grade level(s) you are applying to:
The residency requirements for residency certification listed above meets the requirements for the GS-13 grade level.
To qualify for the GS-14 grade level: In addition to the residency requirements listed above, you must have at least one full year of experience independently performing in-depth care of patients by examining, diagnosing, and treating patients of age group(s) appropriate to your specialty of medicine including, reviewing medical history, interpreting results such as electrocardiograms, documenting care in an electronic health record and preparing patient's records for transfer to a referral hospital.
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to entering on duty. For information on Foreign Education click here http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, December 23, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
Recruitment Incentives: Incentives may include a recruitment or relocation incentive up to 25% (subject to eligibility and approval) and Supplemental or National Student Loan Repayment incentives.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.May work an alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Seasonal influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
- This position is covered under Section 408 of the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, Public Law 101-630 and is considered a Child Care Worker position. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents.
- May work an alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $98,967.00 to $215,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0602-13/14
Promotion Potential: 14
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens; PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply to the merit promotion announcement in order to receive consideration.
Control Number: 452252800
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-OK-1812200-DHA