Indian Health Service Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist in Lawton, Oklahoma
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Lawton, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Thursday 10/6/2016 (18 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/23/2016 (60 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*This is an Open Until Filled job announcement. * The first certificate of eligibles will be pulled 5 business days after the opening date (10/13/16) and every two weeks thereafter, a certificate of eligibles will be pulled until the position has been filled. Please ensure your application is complete and required documents are submitted before the cut-off dates to receive full consideration.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service/Merit Promotion procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-OK-1731151-ESEP/MP for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Incumbent provides Digital Radiological examinations, Bone Density, Computed Tomography and limited Ultrasound (OB less than 20 weeks, gall bladder, testicles, pelvis, and trans-vaginal), per request by medical staff for use in clinical diagnosis, patient screening, monitoring patient status and other authorized purposes. This position is supervised by the Supervisory Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist.
This position is covered under Section 408 of the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, Public Law 101-630 and is considered a Child Care Worker position. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents.
- Performs Digital Radiologic, Computed Tomography (CT), Bone Density, and limited Ultrasound examinations per request by primary care physician in all clinical and emergency situations.
- Exercises extreme care, tact and patience in positioning ill and injured patients.
- Review the diagnostic images taken to evaluate quality before the patient is finished with the exam.
- Clean digital imaging receptors, equipment and room between each exam.
- Not Required
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (1) have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as radiographers in their field. The following meet these requirements:
(1) Persons employed by the Federal Government as radiologic personnel prior to the effective date of the regulation (January 13, 1986) who show evidence of current or fully satisfactory performance or certification of such from a licensed practitioner such as a doctor of medicine, osteopathy, dentistry, podiatry, or chiropractic who prescribes radiologic procedures to others.
(2) Persons first employed by the Federal Government as radiologic personnel after the effective date of the regulation who (a) received training from institutions in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not accredit training in that particular field at the time of graduation, or (b) practiced in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not license that particular field or did not allow special eligibility to take a licensure examination for those who did not graduate from an accredited educational program, provided that such persons show evidence of training, experience, and competence as determined by OPM or the employing agency.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below-
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks:
Your resume must demonstrate one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-08 grade level providing digital radiological examinations, Bone Density, Computed Tomography and limited Ultrasound,. Your duties must have included: interpretation of quality assurance for equipment and imaging studies; execution of general radiographic and ultrasound studies as ordered by providers; and appropriate follow up on abnormal study results with coordination of additional studies as required for regulatory compliance. OR Two full years of graduate education or a masters degree in radiological sciences or other related radiographic studies attained from an accredited college, university or medical school.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR:
You must have a current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in both Radiology and Computed Tomography. (Must submit copy showing expiration date for each certification).
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE:May be allowed in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Qualification Standards Handbook or IHS Excepted Service Qualification Standards, whichever is applicable. The selected individual is required to maintain any certification requirements. If certification is not maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, on foreign education click here http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, December 23, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Position is subject to work callback, nights, holidays and weekends.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $49,958.00 to $63,654.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0647-09/09
Promotion Potential: 09
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: All groups of qualified individuals
Control Number: 452845900
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-OK-1819803-DHA