HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director, Food & Nutrition Services in Lewisville, Texas
TheDirector of Food and Nutrition Services is responsible for the total management of the food service functions and personnel. The Director ensures that all established policies, goals, and objectives are carried out; that clinical and administrative services are maintained; that quality, safety, and integrity of the Nutritional Services Department are monitored and evaluated; and consistent with hospital policies, goals and objectives.
· To make frequent inspections of all work, storage and service areas, determine that regulations and directions governing dietary activities are followed and departmental standards are maintained.
· To be responsible for activities in dietary purchasing, receiving, storage, issuance of materials and equipment maintenance.
· To review records and reports, studies, and interpret data obtained and utilize information provided to monitor and improve department operations.
· To approve specifications for all materials purchased by the Department.
· To ensure compliance with regulations concerning methods of preparation, sanitation and storage of food and supplies.
· To keep abreast of current trends and developments relative to all phases of activity in the Nutritional Services Department.
· Maintain understanding of functions of other departments as they relate to dietetics and to the total Nutritional Services program.
· Maintain knowledge of the theory and practice of dietetics including physiology, nutritional requirements, special diet requirements relative to various diseases, bacteriologist principles as applied to food storage and sanitation.
· Maintain knowledge of new developments in the dietetic field.
· Personnel Management and Development of the Department
· Reviews monthly DOR report.
· Completes annual budgets as requested.
· Maintains salaries and contract labor costs within Budgeted and/or adjusted guidelines.
· Maintains manhours/statistic within budgeted and/or adjusted guidelines.
· Strives to improve costs compared to budget.
· Strives to improve costs compared to prior year.
· Collaborates with managers and staff of other departments to ensure continuity of patient care and/or to prevent or resolve problems.
· Participates in interdepartmental/service collection of data for performance improvement activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics or Food Services Management, or documented equivalent training and experience.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS / REGISTRATIONS
· Licensed/registered Dietitian helpful.
· Requires thorough knowledge and comprehensive experience in health care rules and regulations governing Nutritional Services.
· Good interpersonal/communication skills.
· Good written communication skills.
Title: Director, Food & Nutrition Services
Location: Texas-Lewisville-Medical Center of Lewisville - Lewisville
Requisition ID: 00950-83375