CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Senior Accountant in Lexington, Massachusetts
The Senior Accountant provides advanced accounting services including preparing financial statements, completing account reconciliations, all facets of month-end closing process, and drafting financial statements. S/he independently identifies problem areas early, independently researches technical issues, and proactively resolves issues as an outsourced member of the clients’ accounting services team.
**Work Activities & Accountabilities__
The Senior Accountant oversees the Staff Accountants’ management of the accounting function for a client. S/he interacts with clients and engagement team members to provide technical guidance, alternate courses of action, and recommendations for solutions. Develops broader understanding of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) in a specific industry.
- Account Reconciliations: Completes non-complex and some complex account reconciliations and recording transactions. All facets of monthly, quarterly, and annual adjusting and closing process.
- Financial Statements: prepares and independently reviews non-complex client financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and general ledger. Prepares and reviews financial and statistical reports, analyzing unusual items on financial reports and notifying accounting services team leaders when necessary.
- Payroll/Tax Preparation: May prepare tax returns, prepare and review sales tax, payroll tax, and payroll reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Internal Audits: Assist with projects for internal audit, due diligence, system selection, and other consulting projects.
- Transaction Processing: Complex system transactions. May back up staff accountant.
- Technical Expertise: Strong analytical ability and attention to detail combined with advanced technical knowledge of accounting subject matter enables ability to provide clients with accurate and efficient services. Remains current on trends and legislative changes in the profession. Have appropriate technical knowledge in order to provide high quality work and minimize risk for the firm and our clients. Working knowledge of accounting software.
- Experience: Minimum three years relative work experience as an Accountant or equivalent.
- CPA preferred
- Education: BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With over 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-0652
Title: Senior Accountant