Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement) in Lincoln, Nebraska
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Lincoln, NE
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (6 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 11/1/2016 (8 day(s) away)
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EDT
This position is located in a state Human Resources Office that has responsibility for servicing both Army and Air NG full-time personnel. The purpose of the position is to serve as the state Human Resources Specialist for recruitment and placement, military technician compatibility, permanent changes of station (PCS) moves, pay setting, recruitment and retention allowances, and reduction in force. Responsible for the development and implementation of plans to accomplish a statewide technician recruitment and retention program. Accomplishes work through the use of a variety of automated personnel systems and programs.
CONCURRENT DUAL STATUS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: NEAR-17-004
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION:HRO, Lincoln, NE
*APPOINTMENT FACTORS: *This is a Permanent Non Dual Status Army (Excepted Service) position only.
Open Area of Consideration: 1
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1:Current permanent & indefinite Non Dual Status technicians of the Nebraska Army NG.
AREA 2:Current permanent & indefinite dual status technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard OR All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army NG
AREA 3:Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the NE Air or Army NG
AREA 4:All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Air or Army NG. Selected individual must become a member of the respective Nebraska NG prior to the effective date of hire.
Referral of Applicants: Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
Fully qualified Area 1
Trainees (Area 1 Army NDS Only)
(1) Serves as the state's technical expert advisor and consultant to key management on the full range of staffing options for a variety of professional, administrative, technical, and trades and labor occupations. Provides guidance and advisory services to operating managers in analyzing and proposing solutions to personnel management problems. Has frequent contact with state officials to explain merit principles and the various staffing methods, with emphasis on special interest programs such as Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), employment of the physically handicapped, Stay-in-School Cooperative Work Study, upward Mobility, Worker-Trainee Opportunity, etc. Is relied on by operating officials to provide comprehensive guidance and advice in such areas as recruitment sources for top qualified employees, availability of needed skills, qualification requirements, retention standings, and other staffing functions. Seeks candidates from a variety of sources, conducts interviews and evaluates qualifications and eligibility for positions being filled. Ensures selecting official has a reasonable number of well-qualified candidates from which to choose. Initiates correspondence and/or contacts concerning recruitment and placement of applicants with Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Department of Defense (DoD), National Guard Bureau (NGB), other Federal agencies, high schools, colleges and universities. Researches and prepares replies to Congressional inquiries relating to employment.
(2) Analyzes and evaluates the state's current technical staffing situation including turnover, vacancies, and current technician staffing situations including turnover, vacancies, and current recruiting strategies to identify and forecast staffing problems. Researches and develops solutions and strategies to recruitment and retention problems that integrate a variety of flexibilities. Provides technical assistance to managers in developing justifications for requesting the use of special salary rate, recruitment bonuses, retention allowances or other authorities.
(3) Develops Merit Placement Plan and ensures compliance with federal laws (i.e., The Technician Act), NGB Regulations, and local labor agreements. Maintains a tracking system to evaluate the Merit Placement Plan. Initiates and develops changes, which will improve the procedures and make the plan more acceptable to both management and employees. Administers merit promotion plan; provides guidance and assistance to supervisors and/or designated subject-matter experts in the development of job analysis and ranking criteria; prepares announcements and receives applications; determines nature of action and legal authority under which action is to be processed; ensures time-in-grade requirement are met when required; establishes and certifies accuracy of rates of pay for all placement actions in accordance with federal law, OPM and NGB regulations, and Comptroller General decisions.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel for training and work related activities
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Individuals with military incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment.
- Permanent Change of Station Benefits will not be paid.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be qualifying, experience must have been progressively responsible with increasingly difficult and complex duties. Experience must have been at the next lower or second lower grade or its non-federal equivalent.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITOIN AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR RESUME. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-11must possess at least 36 months of specialized experience, education or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices. GS-09 must possess at least 24 months of specialized experience, education or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management and mission requirements.
NOTE: REGARDING QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignment must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredit college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements. College transcripts MUST be submitted for professional positions or when substituting education for experience. NOTE: If you are using education as a substitution of experience OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualification, YOU MUST SUBMIT copies of college transcripts when required. Failure to provide college transcripts when required will result in an ineligible rating. NOTE: The Nebraska National Guard HRO has a document entitled "Secrets to Getting a Technician Job"; you are encouraged to follow the link provided if you are interested. http://ne.ng.mil/Resource/Documents/Secrets-Technician-Job.pdf
REMEMBER: Military training directly related to the type of work of the position may be substituted on a day for day basis.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications. Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made, you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are referred to the selecting official in the following order:
- Fully qualified Area 1 (CURRENT NE ARNG NDS ONLY)
- Trainees (CURRENT NE ARNG NDS ONLY)
INDIVIDUAL SELECTED AS A GS-9 TRAINEE MAY BE PROMOTED TO GS-11 UPON COMPLETION OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS: (1) 12 MONTHS OF EXPERIENCE APPOINTED IN THE POSITION; (2) COMPLETION OF AN INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (IDP); (3) COMPLETION OF A CLASSIFICATION REVIEW. INDIVIDUAL MAY BE PROMOTED WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION WHEN QUALIFIED AND RECOMMENDED BY THE SELECTING OFFICIAL; HOWEVER PROMOTION IS NOT GUARANTEED. APPLICANTS MUST INDICATE THE LOWEST GRADE FOR WHICH THE WISH TO BE CONSIDERED.
You will be kept informed of actions taken on your application. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred.
View Occupational Questionnaire
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main New Employee Website -*http://www.opm.gov/insure/newemploy/index.asp*
* Flexible Spending Accounts -* The FSAFeds Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
* Health Insurance -* The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
* Leave -* Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit:http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp * Life Insurance -* The FEGLI Program offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
* Long Term Care Insurance -* The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
* Retirement Program -* Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the FERS. FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, and Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
Salary Range: $48,968.00 to $77,019.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0201-09/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: AREA 1 (CURRENT NE ARNG NDS ONLY)
Control Number: 453695100
Job Announcement Number: NEAR-17-005