Sysmex Specialist, Transportation in Lincolnshire, Illinois
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Transportation Specialist. The Specialist, Transportation is responsible for coordination and management of the transportation and distribution network for the Americas, including but not limited to the selection of carriers to support all modes of transportation to ensure the safe shipping of Sysmex products to the customers. Assess the transportation and distribution network and recommend necessary changes as needed to support the growth trajectory of our business. Effectively manage products on a day-to-day basis. This position also has responsibility for all customs clearance, imports, carnet and in-bond and works closely with the export leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the safe passage of all products to our Customer base and 3PL network.
- Responsible for transportation carriers that support the SAI RHQ distribution of products, including but not limited to local transportation between sites, carrier performance, carrier invoicing and freight auditing, customer shipment tracking, freight claims, return logistics, and more.
- Works with the Distribution & Transportation Manager & other Operations personnel to develop and execute key network strategies, including but not limited to network optimization and winter shipping in conjunction with Sysmex functions.
- Responsible for Customs and Compliance on all international shipping documentation, including the development and maintenance of all international shipping procedures (compliant with government & regulatory requirements), auditing and recommending Customs process changes for SAI and 3PL distribution centers.
- Supports the management of the 3PL distribution network utilizing metrics driven processes, including performance tracking and reporting.
- Supports the equipment installation white-glove process by ensuring the appropriate level service into the customer sites. Additionally, coordinates the demo process including MEE, 3PL and SAI internal warehouses, carriers, etc.
- Manages carrier / providers on behalf of Sysmex. Develops and maintains key performance indicators. Hosts regular business reviews with key providers to ensure performance is acceptable; addresses gaps as needed.
- Assesses the need for contract negotiations and involves the appropriate personnel as needed.
- Complies with FDA, cGMP, ISO, C-TPAT, CMDR, J-Sox and any other compliance or governing bodies.
- Preforms all other tasks as required.
- Collaborative skills, including strong communication ability, willingness and ability to work well with others, ability to influence others and project management skills.
- Must be a self-starter, self motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing work environment and work in cross-functional teams.
- Customer focused with close attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills with excellent written and oral presentation capabilities
Excellent Excel skills required and some knowledge of SAP (or other system) preferred. Required Experience
Associates degree preferred with 2-5 years of experience with demonstrated knowledge in domestic and international shipments. Bachelors degree in supply chain or logistics is preferred.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, sex, color, religion, nationality or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Tracking Code: 946-458
Job Location: Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular