Sysmex Sr. Accountant in Lincolnshire, Illinois
**Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.** This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others. Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future. We currently have a great opportunity for a Sr. Accountant- Reporting. The Sr. Accountant - Reporting is responsible for financial statement, management, and compliance reporting (Sunshine Act) for the North American entities. The Sr. Accountant will work with counter parties in Japan and Latin America to ensure consistent and accurate global reporting. This role is also responsible for ensuring the proper recording of fixed asset transactions in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Corporate accounting policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end financial statement reporting for the North American entities (SAI, SRA, and SCI), including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Intercompany Transactions.
- Gather and analyze relevant Sunshine Act data and assist the compliance department in Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) reporting.
- Manage the internal profitability reporting system by performing and reviewing SAP CO-PA assessments and allocations to ensure proper accounting and profitability analysis.
- Provide reporting for management review and external auditors as requested.
- Responsible for fixed asset transactions, including proper recording of asset acquisition, transfers, disposals, depreciation, and valuations. Support tax department in tax depreciation schedules.
- Perform physical inventories of fixed assets ensuring all assets are appropriately tracked and accounted.
- Implement as needed financial policies and year-end accounting memos as related to fixed assets. Support and provide financial compliance awareness to applicable internal departments.
- Assist in budget and forecast of fixed assets for cash flow and depreciation expense.
- Perform journal entries and account reconciliations as related to fixed assets.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize multiple tasks and projects under strict deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and ability to multi-task.
Ability to work well on large and small cross-functional teams. Required Experience
Bachelor’s degree in in accounting and 5 – 7 years of previous experience required.
- SAP experience highly desired.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Tracking Code: 977-458
Job Location: Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular