Sysmex Sr. Manager, Corporate Procurement (Direct & Indirect) in Lincolnshire, Illinois
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for an Sr. Manager, Corporate Procurement. The Sr. Manager, Corporate Procurement is responsible for overseeing direct and indirect procurement for the Company. The Manager develops / maintains policies, procedures and objectives for the cost-effective procurement of goods and services for the business including the areas of indirect purchases, MRO purchases, Fleet, contract labor services, direct material purchases, negotiating, establishing and managing vendor contract agreements. The Manager is the chief contact for enabling / executing parent company's commercialization process. The Manager manages and monitors supplier performance, which includes initiating and managing ongoing projects to reduce overall procurement costs and improve supplier flexibility, delivery and performance. This positions leads, directs, hires and trains all personnel within the Procurement area. This position also supports internal departments with tools and best practices to use in evaluating and managing current and potential suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish & administer the corporate purchasing policy in concert with the Sysmex Americas corporate vision and values. Develops company-wide policies and procedures, playbooks and other organizational materials with respect to procurement.
- Develop, maintain & execute a corporate procurement strategy to increase operational efficiency and profitability. Maintain cost reduction programs on all purchasing activity; additionally, develop and maintain a long-range localization strategy which will drive cost & delivery improvement to the Americas.
- Develop RFPs and lead contract negotiations. Leads comprehensive analyses on the bids and develops the business case to support internal decisions.
- Assist other functions in the development and launch of RFPs; support the contract negotiations of other functional areas and ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures. Develops training programs and assists in training employees in company-wide procurement procedures.
- Analyze current and potential suppliers and develop strategic alliances with suppliers to maintain competitive pricing, flexible lead times and high standards of quality & on-time performance.
- Compile and analyze trends in prices and supply of materials and services. Maintain KPIs to demonstrate effectiveness of processes and potential opportunities.
- Maintain purchasing systems, including computerized systems. Prepare documents, contracts and reports and prepare instructions regarding these systems and procedures
- Visit supplier sites to investigate suppliers’ ability to meet quality requirements, specifications and delivery dates. Drive improvements were needed.
- Perform full range managerial responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: hiring, coaching and developing employees, planning, assigning and directing work; performance management, department budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Suite – Intermediate to Advanced.
- After understanding the business flow, must be able to make general customer service decisions.
- Proven strong leadership skills.
- Account analysis abilities.
- Advanced project management ability.
- Advanced problem-solving ability.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Strong attention to detail. Required Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required and 10 years of Purchasing and Supply Chain experience.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by the law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Tracking Code: 979-458
Job Location: Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular