NBC Universal Legal Intern in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 30215BR
Job Title Legal Intern
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business International UPHE
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
NBCUniversal International is offering a number of 12-month Legal internship positions within various business divisions, including Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE), to start in July 2017.
As an Intern, you will be supporting a fast-paced team whilst developing your own skills. You will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions to your department and build your knowledge in order to pursue a career in Law.
Exact responsibilities will vary slightly between each division and team, however the main responsibilities of any Legal Intern will include:
• Inputting of contracts, including all rights, financial and royalty details into rights databases
• Communicating rights information to OpCos, International, NBCU Rights Group, other Universal distribution groups and third parties, as appropriate
• Supporting the licensee team with the checking of available rights and working closely with the legal team in L.A to meet quarterly deadlines
• Developing, maintaining and circulating rights reports to OpCos, International and NBCU, including expiry reports
• Completing contractual analysis and providing appropriate levels of detail to the requestor
• Identifying and escalating issues to the lawyers, as appropriate
• List of key responsibilities, points below as examples
• Liaising with internal/external stakeholders at various levels on a regular basis
• Contributing to ad-hoc projects, which may include developing and improving processes and system implementation and conducting research
• Maintaining trackers to drive efficiency across the business; collating various reports and updates for distribution as appropriate
• Supporting the implementation of legal policies and procedures across the business to support strategic goals and to ensure compliance with company ethical policies and practices
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
You will ideally be currently studying or will have recently completed a degree-level or equivalent course, specialising in Law, seeking a 12 month internship.
• A passion for Broadcasting and Media (particularly an interest in film and/or TV) with a desire to develop a career in Law
• Proactive and enthusiastic, with ability to work autonomously to deadlines, take initiative and keep calm under pressure
• Analytical with excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively prioritise and manage workload
• Acute attention to detail and ability to manage a large volume of rights data Self-starter and fast learner, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a busy team
• Strong office administration and IT skills; confident user of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
• Ability to work with confidential materials discreetly and responsibly
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills; confident in communication with senior management
• Willingness to learn and “can-do” attitude
• Media or rights management experience
• Experience in working with databases, in particular experience with rights management systems, would be an advantage
• Previous work experience in a similar environment
• Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship
• Fluent English is essential; additional languages may be useful
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this role, you will need to submit both a CV and cover letter detailing your interest and suitability - submissions missing either of these will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE ON 30/11/2016
If successful to final stage, you must be available to attend an assessment centre in our London offices in February 2017.