Bechtel Corporation Medical Services Coordinator III Job in London, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 178795
Oversees the day-to-day operation of the on-site medical facility and staff. Implements and administers project medical services contracts and agreements in accordance with governmental, legal and professional laws and regulations. Works independently to plan, develop, monitor and evaluate the health, hygiene and medical services for the project and its operating facilities. Assists departments and contractors in health programs, monitoring health systems, collecting data, and implementing emergency response capabilities. Administers facility medical activities in accordance with medical directives approved by a physician.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
Receives daily supervision from the Project ES&H Manager or designee, the on-site physician, or the Manager of Medical Services.
Receives functional direction from the Manager of Medical Services.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides direction and functional supervision to medical and support staff as assigned by the Project ES&H Manager or Manager of Medical Services.
Maintains daily working relationships with local medical services, consulting physician, emergency/assistance providers, site/global business unit ES&H Managers, Manager of Medical Services, risk management and workers compensation insurer.
Maintains contact with governmental and professional regulatory compliance officers and certification organizations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Manages the onsite health care service provided to employees and subcontractors.
2. Manages and oversees the evaluation and treatment of employees with injuries and/or illnesses and referral to a physician or hospital, and subsequent follow-up treatment.
3. Develops and monitors medical services contracts for projects or facilities (e.g., consulting physician, emergency response, emergency care providers, emergency evacuation providers, and subcontracts or technical service contracts (TSCs) relating to medical services).
4. Develops and maintains site specific minimum medical services procedures and protocols.
5. Ensures adequate staffing of project medical facilities.
6. Manages the healthcare and call service programs for expatriate personnel and authorized dependents.
7. Follows-up on emergency hospital cases keeping ES&H Manager, project management, and human resources apprised of the status of patients.
8. Maintains an adequate stock of necessary medical supplies, medications and equipment for proper on-site facility operation.
9. Maintains confidential medical records in secure fireproof cabinets.
10. Attends daily planning meeting or other daily project work scope meetings to provide input on health risks associated with work to be performed.
11. Attends ES&H meetings pertinent to operation of on-site medical facility to discuss site health trends and to make recommendations for changes to work habits and protective gear.
12. Develops and implements field first-aid training.
13. Prepares occupational health and hygiene communications for the project.
14. Develops and implements health programs and initiatives.
15. Manages project proposal preparation, mobilization, execution, startup and turnover of site medical services/facilities.
16. Develops, implements and monitors a substance abuse program at the project.
17. Reviews and assesses project specific medical protocols and procedures and makes recommendations to ensure conformance with Bechtel Environmental, Safety and Health Services (BESH) standard medical services protocols and procedures as well as compliance with appropriate governmental, project or client requirements.
18. Determines appropriate level of professional licenses and certifications required to meet the level of competence as defined for project assignments. Performs assessments to ensure compliance with required levels of competence.
19. Reviews and updates Project Medical Directives for approval by a physician.
20. Assists in planning emergency evacuation procedures in conjunction with contracts, project management, the customer and ISOS (International SOS).
21. Implements project medical database to support the reporting and follow up of injuries/illnesses managed by the on-site medical staff.
Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse, or Senior Paramedic in state and/or country where assigned.
Extensive experience in Emergency/Trauma Room, Intensive Care or Coronary Care.
Knowledge and experience in travel health and immunizations specific to project location.
Proficient in occupational nursing and the handling of emergency situations.
Knowledge of medical record keeping requirements in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice, applicable governmental regulations, and ES&H requirements.
Knowledge of basic ES&H programs and measures for the prevention of illnesses and injuries.
Proficiency and experience in interpreting and evaluating regulatory safety standards where applicable to health regulations.
Experience in developing ES&H procedures for projects and facilities.
Knowledge of and experience with data management systems and computer hardware/software.
Previous experience working on construction projects with responsibility for supervision of medical professionals.
Skilled in the handling of emergency situations and decision making.
Knowledge of and experience in establishing and organizing first-aid and medical treatment facilities.
Knowledge of and experience in administration of subcontracts.
Knowledge of and experience in organizational and medical management and the principles and methodologies involved in medical practices.
Skills in verbal and written communication.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.