Kiwi Crate PRODUCT DESIGN ASSOCIATE in Los Altos, California
Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids ages 3-16+ along with an online store and content. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors. Our offices are located in Mountain View.
Role and Responsibilities:
We're looking for a Product Design Associated interested in fulfilling our promise to delight children and families with hands-on projects and content and associated experiences we deliver. It’s a rewarding position that requires a balance of left and right brain skills. You will develop the activities and content and that our little customers will delight in using to create, build, interact. You'll be on the ground floor bringing our products to life.
• Develop new, innovative product concepts and prototypes. Leverage customer insights by presenting ideas and prototypes for feedback and iterate as needed.
• Work closely and effectively with cross-functional teams including Editorial, Sourcing, Inventory Planning, and Production to create and fulfill new hands-on activities (arts, crafts, science, imaginative play, and more).
• Translate business, marketing, and branding objectives into design strategies.
• Interface with our community in testing and during events.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve. A strong work ethic, communication skills, high levels of empathy and selling skills are important to this position.
• Passionate about kids and creativity. You love kids and the power of hands-on learning and development. Experience (1-2 years+) designing a fun and enriching set of projects - for kids and for parents.
• Hands-on, "get things done" mentality. Eager and able to solve challenges and tackle opportunities. Identifies potential issues and hurdles and develops ways to get around them. Adapt to quickly figure out a way to get things done.
• Detail & process-oriented. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details. Understanding and management of design and development process from concept to production.
• Resourceful. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and whatever it takes to make it a success, and your job will be fast-paced. Hurdles are inevitable, but you take it upon yourself to take ownership, assess options and get something done. Draw upon inspiration from external sources as well as inspiration from experience. Think outside of the box, yet put yourself in customers’ shoes. Innovative thinking and creative problem solving skills.
• Collaboration & communication skills. Strong organizational and project management skills. Partner and collaborate closely with marketing and inventory planning. Exceptional communication skills with customers and cross-functional team members.
• Always learning. Thrives with customer insights and data. Manages test crews with great organization. Great business intuition and appreciation of design principles.
• More about you: You're positive, motivated, dynamic, thoughtful, creative, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial with excellent judgement.
• Strong visual design skills and high level of taste and aesthetic sense. Love of detail and design finesse.
• Proficient in CS6. Prototyping skills.
If you’re passionate about designing and producing enriching, delightful products for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via JobScore. Please include a cover letter explaining your interest in the position with your application.