Kiwi Crate Supply Chain/Sourcing Associate in Los Altos, California
Kiwi Crate is a profitable and innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We're backed by leading investors and were named one of the "20 Startups to Watch" by Business Insider and "Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley" by Lead411. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance from Caltrain.
We're looking for a recent college graduate interested in contributing to a startup - where you will have a real impact on the operations of the business. Responsibilities include:
• Assist in the identification of materials and components used to make our products, including cost and margin analysis, purchasing, tracking and all vendor communications.
• Managing timelines to ensure product procured, delivered, and reviewed
• Manage processes associated with testing products for safety and compliance
• Assist with inventory management and reconciliation
• Ensure inventory system remains up to date and error free and that we consistently apply processes and improvements over time
• Contribute to and improve the daily processes used by the organization to plan, produce and fulfill a growing number of products
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
The ideal candidate has great initiative and operating range. Desired skills and responsibilities:
• Self starter who is able to grasp new concepts/processes quickly and strive for continuous learning and improvement • Excellent attention to detail • Strong communication and interpersonal skills • Willingness to jump in and do what it takes • Organized, with great time management skills, an ability to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly evolving, and dynamic environment • Ability to develop simple quantitative analyses in Excel, which are often used to forecast, explain, or plan the business • Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs • A sense of humor
Nice to have:
• Familiarity with any manufacturing or purchasing processes, especially ones that involve small parts, subassemblies, etc. • Experience using operational or accounting systems in an inventory based business
TO APPLY: please submit your resume along with a cover letter letting us know why you think you'd be a good fit for the position. Unfortunately no relocation is offered at this time. Resumes without a cover letter won't be considered. We actually read each and every one of them.