HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supervisor House Administrator - PRN (Hours Vary) in Low Moor, Virginia
For more than a century, LewisGale Hospital Alleghany has delivered high-quality healthcare to residents of Southwest Virginia, the Alleghany Highlands, West Virginia and Rockbridge County. Our 204-bed facility, specialize in cardiac rehab, orthopedics, physical therapy, surgical services and mental health and behavioral health services—particularly the Senior Transitions Program available at our stand-alone geriatric psychiatry unit in our beautiful Blue Ridge mountain setting.
Responsibilities of the Supervisor House Administrator:
- Maintains appropriate numbers and skill mix of nursing staff to meet nursing care needs based on census and acuity of patients.
- Monitors all admissions to the hospital.
- Assures quality patient care is provided in accordance with nursing standards and is reflected in accurate documentation.
- Assists with patient care as necessary to assure that all patient needs are met.
- Contributes to the development of nursing staff by observing work, answering questions, explaining procedures, demonstrating techniques and intervening where necessary to correct deficiencies.
- Responds to requests for necessary supplies, pharmaceuticals and equipment following established procedures for the preparation, dispensing, control and documentation of pharmaceuticals.
- Assists with implementation of new or revised policies and procedures and/or processes.
- Provides Nursing Directors with feedback regarding performance of nursing staff.
- Promptly investigates and attempts to resolve any complaints or problems occurring on assigned shift. Provides appropriate information to Nursing Director or Chief Nursing Officer.
- Responds to and offers assistance to any announced Codes according to established PCH policy.
- Monitors the management of patients in restraints according to PCH policy and procedure.
- Recognizes evidence of abused patients and reports findings as appropriate
- Recognizes patients at risk of falling and monitors implementation of fall prevention policy.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse; BLS - Healthcare provider. ACLS required CPI
Education: Graduate from accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
Experience: One (1) year experience in acute care preferred
Special qualifications: Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills.
Title: Supervisor House Administrator - PRN (Hours Vary)
Location: Virginia-Low Moor-LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
Requisition ID: 02962-16355