HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Analyst OR in Loxahatchee, Florida
More About HCA..... * For a seventh consecutive year HCA has earned national recognition as one of the best workplaces for information technology professionals. HCA ranked on/Computerworld/’s "Best Places to Work in Information Technology" list.
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Clinical Analyst OR serves as a key onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of Meditech ORM and other applications as determined by Director of Application Services. Primary responsibilities include assisting with facilitation of the facility’s core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities, support as a local clinical subject matter expert for ORM to resolve incidents or fulfill requests received from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources, and participation in new enhancements/upgrades application testing and implementation for the facility. Responsibilities also include training of educator, chart validator, or designated super-user on OR Module functionality, statistical reporting, profile verification and billing reconciliation.
The Clinical Analyst OR works under the supervision of Manager, Clinical Applications or a Sr. Clinical Analyst to perform their duties. This individual facilitates and manages maintenance of facility/division-specific dictionaries and provides input to division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the facility. This individual works with Sr. Clinical Analysts, the Division Clinical Specialist Team, and facility core team members to deliver hands-on training as needed, and to implement division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for clinical applications. A Clinical Analyst OR may be dedicated to a specific facility or may operate across a geographic zone and serve multiple facilities.
SUPERVISOR –Manager, Clinical Applications
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Serves as a key onsite clinical IT ORM resource in support of the OR Meditech Module for facility implementation/upgrades and support and other applications at the discretion of the Director of Application Services.
· Assists in facilitating the facility’s core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities.
· Provides support as a local limited subject matter expert ORM to resolve incidents or fulfill requests received from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources; provides status on user issues.
· Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
· Participates in new enhancements/upgrades application testing and implementation for the facility.
· Facilitates and manages maintenance of facility/division-specific ORM dictionaries.
· Provides input to base division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the facility.
· Works with the Division Clinical Specialist Team and facility core team members to deliver hands-on training to superusers as needed.
· Verifies daily charges and profiles to ensure revenue integrity.
· Performs statistical reporting based on division needs.
· Works with the Division Clinical Specialist Team to actively promote and support division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for ORM.
· Performs quality audits and tracks metrics related to system use.
· Participates in facility based meetings as approved by the Manager, Clinical Applications
· May develop clinical application reports as needed.
· Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
· Coordinates the execution and use of tools for audits.
· Builds strong relationships at the facility with core customer base (nurses, physicians, core team members, etc.).
· Coordinates activities during downtime and when recovering from any related system or interface downtime.
· Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
· Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Understands pertinent Joint Commission, AORN, MQSA, HIPAA, Core Measures and ACR guidelines
• Previous experience working in surgical services environment.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated customer orientation
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
• Demonstrated advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Proficiency in various programming and clinical application reporting tools
• Customer service orientation and/or training
• Associate Degree desired
• One to two years experiencein clinical application support
• Licensing or credentials within specific clinical specialty preferred, if available
• Experience with OR scheduling/documentation systems
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – Possession/ Maintenance of specialty clinical licensure is strongly desired
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Job requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Travel between facilities in a geographic zone may be required.
Title: Clinical Analyst OR
Location: Florida-Loxahatchee-Palms West Hospital - Palm Beach
Requisition ID: 25025-10121