Washington State DSHS Field Technical Support Manager in Lynnwood, Washington
Drive and evolve our team of IT Specialists. In the role of Information Technology Support Manager, you will provide technical leadership, staff management, and resources in support of those that provide system administration within the North Puget Sound DSHS offices. This job manages senior level IT specialists throughout the region who are engaged in troubleshooting, installation, problem resolution, and enhancement of statewide technology and infrastructure.
DSHS relies on secure and constant available access for our clients in order to provide the essential services that they need for family care. Your IT staff provides application support, database management, network and telecommunication infrastructure, along with LAN and desktop equipment.
In this job, your success will be based on your ability to plan, prioritize, and schedule staff work, both in person and remotely. Data breaches or downtime can cause significant risk to citizens and statewide personnel. Your team will be measured on its ability to eliminate IT setbacks.
Key focus areas of the job include:
- Implement, monitor and enforce security policies
- Respond to security intrusion and virus detection
- Coach ten IT staff in skill and performance development and develop ongoing training plans
- Direct and perform installation, upgrades, and configuration of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment for system users
- Perform diagnostics and resolution
- Monitor server availability, manage disaster recovery processes
- Implement testing and performance monitoring with network equipment
- Manage IT inventory for the area
- Perform data analysis and long-range strategic planning, direction, and policy development for IT service management.
- Participate in meetings, act as senior member of the IT Operations Steering Committee
What we are looking for: Required Education and Experience
- *A Bachelor's degree including nine semester or 15 quarter hours of computer science courses
- Including five years of IT work experience such as designing, installing, and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment; or administering or supervising staff that performed work in any of these IT disciplines
- (Within the last five years) a minimum of four years' experience implementing, maintaining and administering MS Windows Active Directory
- (Within the last five years) work experience implementing, maintaining, supporting, and administering multiple Windows workstations (Windows 7 Professional or newer) and an enterprise network MS Operating System (Win Servers 2003 or newer), MS Outlook (2010 or newer), McAfee ePO, and MS Windows Patching Desired Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience supervising or designated as a lead of a remote team
- Capable to administer and support a virtual environment (servers and desktops)
- Working knowledge of network protocols, directory services, and Domain Name Services
- Skilled in diagnosing connectivity problems
- Ability to interface with vendors to solve complex problems
- Knowledge of interpreting business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for automated solutions
*Specific alternatives to the above BA/BS degree: An Associate's degree (AA) or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an IT or related program and one additional year of consultative, administrative, or supervisory work experience in IT analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases, may substitute for the BA (i.e. minimum six years described IT experience). Or, consultative, administrative, or supervisory experience in information technology analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases will substitute for education on the basis of one year of experience for two years of education (i.e. minimum seven years described IT experience). Or, one year as a WA State Information Technology Systems Specialist 4 or equivalent or higher.
If you have questions regarding this career announcement (10254), please email Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10254 ITS6TF97
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/24/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $69,648.00 - $91,332.00 Annually
Location: Snohomish County – Lynnwood, WA