BNY Mellon IT Service Desk Analyst in Manchester, United Kingdom
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
To provide first line technical support on the Digital Service Desk, acting as the first point of contact for all BNY Mellon employees experiencing technological difficulties. The primary focus is to ensure all calls, chats and self-service incidents are answered promptly, resolved appropriately, and logged adequately within BNY Mellon’s service management system.
The applicant is expected to work as part of a flexible and resourceful team, providing exceptional levels of support and an excellent customer experience.
• Handle all incoming phone calls and chats from colleagues regarding IT incidents and procedural queries within agreed SLA/OLA’s; • Analyse moderately complex technical faults and determine the appropriate remedial action, engaging with second line teams or external vendors for escalation where necessary; • Ensure all incidents and queries are logged within the ITSM ticketing system in accordance with predefined quality metrics; • Regularly maintain access to critical applications and tools; • Continually engage with customers, managing their expectations; • Meet or exceed defined quality and performance targets for the Digital Service Desk; • Monitor potential trends in incoming incident types, raising awareness amongst the team/management team where necessary; • Provide training and support to less experienced analysts on technical tools, troubleshooting guides, processes & procedures; • Analyse impact and urgency of incidents being logged, ensuring timely routing and escalation of high priority issues; • Updating documentation and knowledgebase articles as and when required; • Follow standard operating procedures.
• Customer Service experience working for an IT Service Desk within a professional environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Working knowledge of fundamental applications such as remote access technology, MS Office applications, Lotus Notes.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Active Directory.
• Ability to identify opportunities to continually improve Service Desk processes;
• Excellent organisational and time management skills;
• Ability to analyse and mitigate risks, managing obstacles through to resolution;
• Attention to detail, takes ownership, accepts responsibilities
• Ability to remain calm in a stressful and changing environment
• Proactive approach to work with a 'can-do' attitude;
• A broad knowledge and general interest in IT;
• Able to build effective working relationships at all levels;
• Works successfully as part of a team, sharing knowledge, collaborating with and supporting colleagues;
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification;
• Senior analyst/supervisory experience would be an advantage;
• Microsoft/Cisco/CompTIA qualifications;
• Experience working for a large financial institution and an understanding of the compliance implications;
• Experience of remote virtual desktop environments and BYOD tech;
• Working knowledge of ticketing systems, such as BMC Remedy or HP Anywhere.
Associate's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, Bachelor's degree preferred technical experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.*
Primary Location:* United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job:* Information Technology
Internal Jobcode:* 60520
Organization:* Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number:* 1607966
Category: Information Technology