Army National Guard Units (Title 32) ORDNANCE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC in McConnelsville, Ohio
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- McConnelsville, OH
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 10/7/2016 (20 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 11/7/2016 (11 day(s) away)
The Ohio National Guard seeks to employ high quality applicants for Federal Technician positions. This position requires military membership in the Ohio National Guard.
Military Unit and Address:
**4499 Hawk Dr
McConnelsville, OH 43756
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
* Position Description #: D0868000*
This position is located in an Organizational Maintenance Shop (OMS) with intermediate maintenance repair capabilities for the Avenger Air Defense Missile System. The purpose of the position is to repair, replace, and maintain various electrical and mechanical components, assemblies, and subassemblies.
**Must obtain a favorably adjudicated NACI/Tier 1 or higher-level check prior to technician-employment start date
DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW
Apply using the instructions in the "How to Apply" section
The Ohio National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(1) Installs, maintains, tests and repairs complete electrical and mechanical components on the Avenger Missile System. Determines and evaluates circuitry and interrelationships, interaction, and interconnections of the circuits, assemblies and complete systems. Using technical orders or specifications and working in compliance with oral instructions or work orders, independently plans the work and determines service and repair requirements. Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions, improvising techniques and procedures as required due to lack of detailed and specific guidelines for isolating problems. Adapts test procedures to available test equipment. Judges impact of repairs on related equipment or systems. Tests and aligns completed work.
(2) Inspects, tests, diagnoses, and troubleshoots complete Avenger electrical systems using an oscilloscope, breakout box set, probe adapter kit, firing circuit evaluator, and digital multimeter. Units worked on include: automatic video tracker, laser range finder (LRF), interface electronics assembly, Avenger control electronics, sight electronics, forward looking infrared monitor and receiver assembly (FLIR), control electronics, assembly elevation and azimuth drive assemblies, gun gyro assembly handstation, slip ring assembly, gunner's console, remote control unit, standard vehicle mounted launcher (SVML), launcher electronic assembly, machine gun, power supplies, target identification transponders (IFF), and the communications system.
(3) Inspects, tests, diagnoses and troubleshoots mechanical components of the Avenger Missile System including repairing and replacing assemblies, subassemblies and parts in: machine gun system, heater/ventilator duct assembly, optical sight, boom assembly boresight mount assembly, turret drive system, elevation and traverse motors, turret ring gear, right and left beam assembly, gun mount assembly, frame assembly, structural assembly, and launch station carrier. Other mechanical repairs and alignments may include elevation and traverse systems, boresighting launch rails, etc. May be required to perform organizational maintenance on the high mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicle (HMMWV).
* A more comprehensive detailed description of the position may be found in Position Description "D0868000" in the employing unit or in the Human Resources Office *
- Occasional Travel
- In and around State.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Army Enlisted, Army Warrant
- Minimum Military Grade: E-1/PVT
- Maximum Military Grade: W-2/CW2
This is a Permanent Excepted Service position
Military Membership in the Ohio Army National Guard is required
Must have a valid state drivers license for the state in which he/she lives or are principally employed
Minimum Military Grade: E-1/PVT Maximum Military Grade: W-2/CW2 Compatible Military Assignment: ECMF: 89, 91, 94 EMOS: 14G, 14H, 14T, 14Z Compatible Military Assignment: WMOS: 913A, 948D
If you are willing to take a demotion to be considered for this position you must clearly indicate your intentions in your resume.
It is not necessary for applicants to possess the MOS listed as compatible to the position in order to apply. It is, however, the applicant's responsibility to acquire a compatible MOS within 1 year of appointment. Coordinate with your unit's training representative to determine whether or not you can qualify for a specific MOS and/or receive training.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME THAT ADDRESSES THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES LISTED BELOW. THE RESUME MUST INCLUDE DATES INDICATING WHEN THE WORK WAS PERFORMED.
General Experience: Experience or training which has provided the candidate with the knowledge and application of mechanical and electrical principles and the skill to perform intricate repair and adjustment of hydraulic and pneumatic components and devices.
Specialized Experience: (WG-6641-10)
Experience or training in repairing, rebuilding, modifying and testing a variety of major subassemblies. Experience in diagnosing malfunctions and determining repair in major components consisting of numerous assemblies, interrelated electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic assemblies, and components. Experience in the use of precision measurement equipment. Experience interpreting and applying a variety of technical manuals and similar published materials.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: NONE
This position is being announced in accordance with state merit promotion procedures and collective bargaining agreement. Wearing of the appropriate military uniform is required while employed in this position. Permanent change of duty station (PCS) funds are not available.
If you are an AGR and are selected for this position, you will be required to vacate your AGR status.
Successful applicant will be assigned to a compatible military position in an appropriate unit of assignment in the Ohio National Guard.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your qualification status and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/newemploy/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
- Do not send applications to the mailing address or email address on this announcement. Apply only online or via the fax number provided in the section entitled "How to Apply."**
2. If you are a current career or career-conditional Federal employee or former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility,you must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action" and/or a copy of the SF-50 that reflects career or career-conditional tenure, or you will not be considered under the merit promotion process. Also, you should submit your most recent performance appraisal.
3. If you are a male applicantwho was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $23.91 to $27.92 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-6641-10/10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Open to permanent technicians of the Ohio Army National Guard.
Control Number: 452194900
Job Announcement Number: JA 16-410-T