HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Pharmacist in McKinney, Texas
Work Schedule: 7-On/7-Off, Day Position with Rotating Weekends
Location: Medical Center of McKinney
The Medical Center of McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
Following physicians' orders, the Pharmacist compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient reactions, errors and complaints.
- Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
- Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
- Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Pharmacist Job Requirements Include:
Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education.
BS or Pharm.D degree required.
Pharm.D. with Residency Training is Preferred.
State licensure as a Pharmacist.
Must have a minimum of 2 years hospital experience as a Pharmacist
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Title: Clinical Pharmacist
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical Center of McKinney - McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-84057