HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mental Health Tech Days or Nights in McKinney, Texas
The Wysong Campus at Medical Center of McKinney, located at Virginia Parkway and Highway 75, has been the leading inpatient psychiatric hospital provider in Collin County for over a decade. Wysong’s warm and nurturing environment provides the ideal setting for adults and seniors receiving treatment for a wide range of psychiatric conditions including depression, anxiety, suicidal and/or aggressive behavior, psychotic thinking and bipolar disorder.
Work Schedules Available: Full time Days 7am-7pm OR * *Nights 7pm-7am (rotating weekends)
Under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, serves as a member of the healthcare team by providing assistance with activities of daily living and assists with facilitating the treatment milieu for adult and geriatric patients. The MHT in the Psychiatric Service has special emphasis on the psychiatric needs of patients/families. Documentation of observations and baseline measurements onto medical record is expected. Assist in maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu.
- Two years of psychiatric inpatient experience is preferred.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Training as a nursing assistant according to the curriculum set forth by the Texas Curriculum for nurse aides or equivalent training.
- Completion of specialized training program in the behavioral health area or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience in a skilled nursing facility preferred.
- Certified Nurse Assistant preferred or Mental Health Technician with experience in psychiatric care preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- Must complete restraint and seclusion training (SAMA) as well as techniques to address aggressive or threatening behavior (as outlined in Rule 415.257 of the Texas Administrative Code) prior to assuming direct care responsibilities, if the employee does not provide proof of current certification.
Title: Mental Health Tech Days or Nights
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical Center of McKinney - McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-77987