Washington State DSHS Assistant Chief of Resident Treatment in McNeil Island, Washington
Application review begin immediately, it's your advantage to apply now.
*DSHS Assistant Chief of Resident Treatment *
Are you curious about human behavior and interested in working in a treatment program for individuals who have been civilly committed as sexually violent predators? Are you enthusiastic about program development and being part of a large team effort to assist detained residents in transforming their lives so that they may transition safely to the community? Take your knowledge, experience and passion to the next level at the Special Commitment Center (SCC) on McNeil Island. The SCC is located on McNeil Island and in close proximity to Western State Hospital where there are shared opportunities for professional development, training and conferences.
Some of what you'll do
- Provide clinical, administrative and managerial oversight of the day-to-day provisions of clinical services to the resident population under the direction of the Chief of Resident Treatment.
- Supervise Licensed Psychologists at SCC and Pre-doctoral Psychology Interns from nearby Western State Hospital.
- Manage the structured training program for newly hired staff.
- Audit resident treatment plans, clinical documentation and monitor the delivery of treatment to ensure compliance with agency policy and WAC.
- Collaborate with other SCC managers throughout the organization to maximize effective program delivery and implement program and improvements.
Who should apply? Professionals with a Doctoral Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology. At least two years' experience of managerial or advanced supervisory experience providing supervision to professional staff in a psychiatric, correctional, health care or mental health facility within the past 5 years.
Completed applications will include:
- Cover letter
- Confirmation of Degree (Will need to be provided prior to interview)
- Letters of Reference (if applicable)
What we're looking for:
- Experience providing treatment to individuals in a psychiatric, correctional or forensic setting.
- Experience or knowledge of sex offender treatment and cognitive behavioral approaches
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of court decisions and federal laws related to the civil commitment of persons as sexually violent predators.
- Demonstrates excellent supervisory, leadership, organizational and clinical observation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of professionals.
- Experienced in working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Flexibility, patience, and a healthy sense of humor will contribute to your success in this role.
If you have any questions, please contact Ben Lloyd at 360-972-6854.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 16-114 TJ55
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $86,000.00 - $101,604.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County - McNeil Island, WA