Washington State DSHS Psychiatrist (SCC) in McNeil Island, Washington
We are recruiting for a highly motivated and qualified Psychiatrist who has a passion for helping individuals with mental illnesses to join our team within the Rehabilitation Administration, Special Commitment Center. This job is located at McNeil Island, Steilacoom, Washington.
Who we are
The Special Commitment Center provides a specialized mental health treatment program for sexual offenders who are detained and civilly committed by the superior courts as sexually violent predators following the completion of their prison sentences. The center operates a Total Confinement Facility located on McNeil Island in Puget Sound near Steilacoom, Washington, and two Secure Community Transition Facilities, one located on McNeil Island and the other in South Seattle.
You'll report directly to the Special Commitment Center Medical Director.
- You'll provide psychiatric services to the Special Commitment Center population including those residing in Less Restrictive Alternative settings of the Secure Community Transition Facilities in King and Pierce Counties.
- Provide care and consultation to those residents in community placements through conditional release to a Less Restrictive Alternative setting.
- Provide routine psychiatric care to all residents in need at the Special Commitment Center. This includes assessment and evaluations, prescribing and monitoring medications, suggesting behavioral interventions, overall condition monitoring and documentation.
- Ensure that all psychiatric care is integrated into the overall service provision for the resident to include medical, clinical, and residential.
- Respond to psychiatric emergencies and provide follow up care as required for acute psychiatric and behavioral issues.
- Consult with clinical treatment providers and Residential Program Managers and other residential staff to ensure continuity of care and appropriate monitoring in the living unit.
- Act as the primary licensed provider for all seclusion and restraint admissions and discharges.
- Review, assess, and evaluate residents new to the Special Commitment Center.
- Assist in the development of and tracking of performance metrics for all psychiatric services. Qualifications
Who We're Interested In
Successful applicants will have a valid license to practice medicine in the State of Washington without sanctions and are eligible for certification by the American Board of Psychiatry.
- We are looking for people who have experience working in a total confinement setting with individuals who suffer from personality disorders in addition to psychiatric diagnoses.
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience providing court testimony and depositions regarding current and past treatment modalities. Supplemental Information
At the Special Commitment Center, you will enjoy a rewarding career with impressive benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including:
Optional Medical Flexible Spending Account
Retirement and other savings plan options
Paid Vacation & Holidays
See the Benefits tab for more details.
Ensuring safety to the people we serve is number one. The successful candidate will be required undergo regular tuberculosis screening. This position has been designed as emergent under the DSHS Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have questions on the application process, contact Anthony Distefano
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09899 YN37E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/1/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $132,276.00 - $173,568.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County - McNeil Island, WA