Washington State DSHS Residential Rehabilitation Counselor 2 in McNeil Island, Washington
The Special Commitment Center (SCC) is looking for enthusiastic, dedicated and reliable direct care staff to provide services for residents in a secure facility for adults. We have opportunities for on-call Residential Rehabilitation Counselors at our Secure Community Transition Facility located on McNeil Island. The Special Commitment Center Program (SCC), operated by the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), provides a specialized mental health treatment program for civilly committed sex offenders who have completed their prison sentences.
Residential Rehabilitation Counselors staff a residential unit and are members of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for implementing a therapeutic and safe environment. This is achieved through effective management of treatment strategies, proactive interventions and monitoring of patient behavior. Each member of the team contributes to the rehabilitation of individuals who have been committed by the courts to the care of DSHS.
As key members of the therapeutic team, Residential Rehabilitation Counselors perform the following work:
- Actively engage with residents in a therapeutic manner on a daily basis.
- Encourage and assist residents in working toward treatment goals.
- Provide direct day-to-day monitoring of the residential population.
- Monitor and observe resident interactions and unit activities.
- Generate accurate, detailed and timely documentation of routine matters.
- Communicate effectively with management, peers, residents and the public.
- Resolve conflicts in a calm and non-threatening manner. Viable and competitive applicants should meet the desirable qualifications listed below:
- High school graduation or GED and Two years' experience caring for psychiatric patients, residents or inmates in behavioral management program, forensic mental health or correctional mental health settings. College-level coursework in one of the social sciences may substitute for the experience
- Individuals who have satisfactory completion of the Residential Rehabilitation Counselor 1 in-training plan are also encouraged to apply Interested Applicants:
- Submit an application
- Provide a resume and cover letter
- Provide references Questions? Contact Christina Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact a Recruiter at (360) 902-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2016-09987
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/3/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $16.05 - $20.84 Hourly
Location: Pierce County - McNeil Island, WA