Washington State DSHS Forms and Records Analyst 3 - Lakeland Village - Medical Lake in Medical Lake, Washington
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), is seeking currently recruiting for a permanent and full-time Forms and Records Analyst 3 to join our team at Lakeland Village Residential Habilitation Center (RHC).
This is an exciting opportunity to maintain all aspects of Lakeland Village's medical records program.
About the Developmental Disabilities Administration
The Administration offers a continuum of supports through a safe, high-quality array of home, employment, community and facility-based residential services on a $1.08 billion annual budget. We promote individual worth, self-respect and dignity such that each individual is valued as a contributing member of the community.
DSHS values honesty, integrity, open communication and the pursuit of excellence. We work with those we serve to transform lives by providing behavioral health and developmental disability services, aging and long-term care and child and family support, juvenile rehabilitation, and food and cash assistance to those working toward self-sufficiency.
Our 17,000 professional, employees come to work each day ready to make a difference as they support and assist more than 2.5 million of Washington's most vulnerable residents.
Who We Are/About Us:
Lakeland Village is a 24-hour Residential Habilitation Center that provides all facets of training, education and healthcare for about 250 individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Lakeland Village uses an extensive day program that involves sensory integrative and interactive techniques such as touch, pressure, massage, aromatherapy, relaxation, music, environmental controls, micro technology, audio/visual sensory stimulating activities, and movement.
Visit http://www.medical-lake.org/ for more information. To learn more about Lakeland Village RHC and how our associates make a difference in transforming lives visit http://www.dshs.wa.gov/ddd/lakeland.shtml online.
At Lakeland Village, you will enjoy a rewarding career with impressive benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including:
Optional Medical Flexible Spending Account
Retirement and other savings plan options
Paid Vacation & Holidays
See the Benefits tab for more details. Benefits apply to full-time and most part-time employees.
On a regular basis you'll:
- Responsible for all aspects of health information management for long term care and short term care residents.
- Manages manual and/or electronic records retention, disposition, transfer, and storage systems and programs.
- Designs and develops electronic forms, layout and screen; analyzes work plan and/or process to determine required data elements, screen and automation concepts; determines audit requirements.
- Reviews and processes public records requests. This includes assisting the requester, assisting with the development of public disclosure guidelines and training, and tracking all disclosures.
- Receive public records requests, assist requestor in defining the scope of records requested, assist staff in identifying records responsive to a request, identify and redact information exempt from disclosure, provide records to requestor, and retain records related to requests in accordance with records retention requirements.
- Track all disclosure on local database and through the Agency Records Request Tracking System (ARRTS).
- Review, determine, and analyze potential applications of electronic, automated, micrographics or imagine technology also assist in performing analysis to determine the viability and benefits of converting information to alternative formats.
- Reviews records retention and records schedule to ensure compliance.
- Safeguard confidential information including video, audio, electronic and/or other computer stored information from unauthorized disclosure without informed consent of the individual and/or legal representative.
- Develop records management instruction materials.
- Controls and maintains procurement procedures.
- Reviews established agency records retention schedules at least annually and coordinates agency records retention, disposition, transfer and micro filming systems and programs. Qualifications
**Required Education, Experience, Licensure, Skills and Abilities:
Jobs in a healthcare facility, hospital, or institution require Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, industrial engineering, or a related field
Two years of experience in forms and records management.
*Desirable Skills and Abilities: *
- Knowledge of medical records and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized communication and data management systems (Outlook, Work, Excel, Access).
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical records principles.
- Ability to interact with staff/public, responding to requests for information, inquires, or complaints.
Please follow the instructions below when applying:
- Application: Initial screening will be based on information contained in your response to a supplemental questionnaire, as well as your application profile. Comments such as "see resume" will be considered incomplete.
- *Attachments: *Please be sure to respond fully and completely to the supplemental questionnaire and submit a completed application profile, a current resume, and three professional references including at least two supervisors in the "Reference" section of your application. If you have questions about this exciting opportunity, please contact Lynette Ryder at (360) 829-4956 or email@example.com.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-05253 YM29
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,287.00 - $4,313.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA