Riverside Community Care Community Integration Specialist in Melrose, Massachusetts
Division: Community Living Services
Location: Melrose, MA
We make a difference- in your community and in your career*.*
*Community Integration Specialist *
Do you have experience working with adults in the Mental Health field?
We are looking for a team-oriented, compassionate, and recovery-focused candidate to join in helping to make a difference in the lives of others!
We have an exciting full-time opportunity to join our multidisciplinary team as a Community Integration Specialist to provide guidance, education, supervision, and direct support to adults referred by the Department of Mental Health and work in collaboration with the Master’s Level Clinicians.
As a Community Integration Specialist, you will:
- Assist in active implementation and revision of the Individual Action Plan (IAP)
- Provide education, training, and physical intervention when needed to assist individuals in learning life skills such as: participating in meaningful life activities, budgeting, transportation, housekeeping, personal hygiene, self-medication, nutrition, and health
- Model and teach skills for development of positive relationships and negotiation of conflict
- Advocate for and support individuals in identifying and accessing the full range of community-based supports and resources available in the area (educational, vocational, recreational, religious, and social)
- Provide individualized intervention and support strategies to assist clients with crisis prevention, symptom management, and the development of self-managed wellness skills
- Answer phone calls (including crisis calls) and with the help of the team, assist the person served
Riverside also offers an outstanding staff training program, competitive salary, benefits package, and career advancement opportunities!
Our Ideal Candidate:
Looking for a candidate who has the passion and skills to provide individualized support in a community setting that is based on each person’s strengths, interests, and needs. Our staff strives to genuinely engage the individuals we serve, join them in exploring their lives, continually promote recovery, and enable them to replace formal services with natural supports.
Here at Riverside Community Care we take pride in our employees for being compassionate, respectful and innovative.
Pay rate: $14.89/hour without a Bachelor's Degree and $15.40/hour with a Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to work with a large group of individuals within a community setting
- Ability to provide rehabilitative services of various kinds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in the English language)
- A demonstrated ability to work as a team member and to function independently
- Availability to work every other weekend and some evenings and holidays (schedule is the same each week)
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation Required Experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred. High School Degree/GED and one year related experience required
Tracking Code: 1461-709
Job Location: Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular