Robert Half-Robert Half Management Resources Healthcare Public Relations Specialist in Menlo Park, California
Req ID: 157442
Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Public Relations Specialist to support public relations activities for the technology and creative divisions. In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing relationships with key trade and business reporters and other influencers, responding to media requests, researching industry and workplace trends, and developing compelling content to reach target audiences.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Draft and edit press releases as needed and post on wire and websites.
- Prepare speaking points and pitch angles.
- Distribute pitches using media distribution software.
- Pitch story ideas and work with PR manager to respond to media inquiries.
- Research media contacts and update national media lists.
- Identify media opportunities and recommend article ideas.
- Prepare quarterly clip reports.
- Write and edit bylined articles as needed, submit for approvals, provide to editors before deadline and identify topics.
- Provide writing support as needed for Salary Guides, advice booklets, websites, and field newsletters.
- Provide editing support to ensure consistently typo-free, grammatically correct, high-quality materials.
- Update existing field presentations as needed.
- Help fulfill local requests as needed.
- Conduct research for publications and Workplace/Omnibus surveys, as well as field requests for information.
- Track workplace and management trends.
- Monitor social media for company mentions and alert the PR manager to any postings requiring action.
- Publish useful, timely information on corporate social media feeds and blogs.
- Write monthly article(s) for internal newsletter.
- Update ED landing pages on BobNet and help develop field roll-out materials for new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Prefer degree in Public Relations, English or journalism.
- PRSA designation a plus.
- 3+ years' of experience in public relations (preferably at a PR agency) or previous journalism experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience using CisionPoint, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite and other social monitoring software a plus.
- Knowledge of social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Very strong attention to detail, solid writing and editing skills.
- Program/project management abilities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong news sense.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate StaffingRobert Half2613 Camino RamonSan Ramon, CA 94583-9128