G6 Hospitality Manager on Duty in Mentor, Ohio
Manager on Duty
OH - Cleveland - Mentor
Property General Manager
The Manager on Duty is required to temporarily assume and be authorized to perform the duties and responsibilities of the General Manager, including but not limited to supervision of the property staff and all other aspects of day to day operations of the property for limited periods of time. This position reports to the General Manager. During this temporary assignment, the MOD may be required to reside at the property premises.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. The following requirements may change depending on the individual property and may change over time.
• People Excellence: Exhibit a Heart for Service for Guests and Team Members with a dedication to great customer service and teamwork.
• Guest Excellence: Provide a great guest experience and ensure your Team Members follow your example.
• Staffing, Leadership and Supervision: Supervision of property staff in the General Manager’s absence (may include recruitment, training, scheduling, supervision, motivation, and retention)
• Team Member Relations: Assist General Manager with maintaining positive Team Member relations at the property, respond promptly to Team Member concerns and complaints, ensure all assessment and development reviews are completed in a timely manner, and set the example for Team Member interaction with each other, partner with Regional Human Resources Manager as appropriate.
• Product Excellence: Assist the General Manager in managing the standards and procedures of Motel 6 through effective planning, organization, training, and decision-making in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws:
• Conduct regular quality inspections to ensure compliance with quality standards and preventative maintenance goals
• Ensure property grounds are maintained in compliance with standards
• Maintain Motel 6 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and audit standards
• Order and Issue supplies and equipment as needed
• Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws
• Access, utilize and analyze reports provided in Service Channel
• Create and maintain a positive brand image in the community
• Financial Accountability: Assist the General Manager in achieving targeted financial objectives for the property:
• Manage the profit and loss statement at the property level
• Monitor occupancy and competition for pricing opportunities
• Ensure timely and accurate payroll and bookkeeping, and maintain property records
• Make daily bank deposits
• Support: May perform duties from other property positions as needed in unusual circumstances in order to maintain proper operations of the property
• Sales and Revenue: Assist the General Manager to identify, manage and drive sales opportunities to increase revenue Safeguard all assets: Implement and manage the motel’s Safety and Security program
• All Team Members are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately
• Other duties: as needed or assigned by the General Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma or equivalent is mandatory; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Computer proficiency, including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in performing managerial duties and responsibilities
• Ability to supervise, train and motivate Team Members
• Good communication skills
• Must be able to temporarily reside overnight during coverage days
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Working safely is a condition of employment. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
• Must meet all Motel 6 employment qualifications in place at the time of hire or promotion
• Complete the MOD training and certification process
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions and the general duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The physical demand level for this position is Light.
Constant Activity (2 / 3rds or more of work time)
• Physical capability of overseeing all areas of the property and to ensure Team Members’ proper performance of duties
• Lift pens, paper, trash cans, and office supplies up to 10 pounds
• Simple grasping
Frequent Activity (1 / 3rd to 2 / 3rd of work time)
• Sit to complete reports, schedule, prepare bank deposits, read e-mails, make phone calls, etc.
• Move about the property to complete audits, identify hazards, pick up garbage, communicate with guests
• Stand, or sit alternately, depending on specific daily demands.
• Walk at a moderate pace
• Lift reams of paper, coffee canisters, supplies and other items between 11 and 20 pounds
• Reach, typically below shoulder
Occasional Activity (Up to 1 / 3rd of work time)
• Twisting of the body at the waist
• Bend, kneel, crouch, reach or stoop
• Climb stairs
• Balances to climb stairs
• Push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds – frequency is rare
• Overhead reaching
• Drive a vehicle to make the daily deposit and conduct sales calls
Additional Critical Functions
• Use of Senses: Ability to communicate, smell, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision
• Cognitive Factors: Reading and writing comprehension, basic math / calculations, complex problem solving, computer work, (i.e., electronic email, typing notes, data entry, accessing company systems)
• Environmental Factors: Driving cars and working around equipment, walking on uneven ground, exposure to weather and extreme temperatures, exposure to heights