NBC Universal Country Director (Mexico) Consumer Products in Mexico City, Mexico
Job Number 30246BR
Job Title Country Director (Mexico) Consumer Products
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business Film Partnerships & Licensing
Posting Category Motion Pictures
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
State/Province - -
City Mexico City
The Country Director, Mexico is responsible for developing and executing a long-term strategy that builds a sustainable branded consumer products and digital gaming business and achieves annual revenue targets. As part of the International Consumer Product team, the role will grow the Mexico Consumer Products business in line with divisional strategies and guidelines. The role will provide oversight to our key agency partners to build character awareness and brand loyalty throughout the market in line with corporation initiatives.
• Manage and oversee current agency relationships in Mexico. Set strategy in the country and ensure partner activity is in line with brand strategy and guidelines.
• Lead the effort with the agents to adopt a category management approach that is sustainable vs. an film/event driven approach
• Review key sub categories to ensure Universal is maximizing opportunities and identify new opportunities for growth.
• Responsible for managing the day to day implementation of Global deals in the Mexican market (primarily master toy licensees)
• As appropriate, share successful initiatives or campaigns from other territories to pilot or implement in Mexico
• Develop relationships with key retailers; ensure they are briefed on full Universal portfolio and have insight into emerging opportunities
• Manage the P&L to deliver (or exceed) annual revenue targets. Provide quarterly business forecasts to evaluate progress against budget. Highlight any upsides or sensitivities.
• Hiring, on-boarding and development of the CP team. Day-to-day people management including objective setting, coaching and development.
• Attend key trade shows, maintaining up to date knowledge on industry trends and developments
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Substantive experience in international licensing and product merchandising in the Mexico market
• Current network of strong relationships with licensees and promotional partners, distributors and retailers within the territory
• Strong analytical & strategic skills
• Proven ability of strong pitching and negotiating skills with the ability to close deals
• Self-motivated professional with ability to work independently and take charge
• Ability to customize / create sales presentations and other materials as needed
• Ability to think strategically about the changing marketplace and consumer shopping patterns
• Comfortable dealing with senior management and international contacts
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• Excellent communication skills with attention to detail and the ability to develop and deliver clear and consistent messages across many different stakeholder
• Commercially aware individual with proven ability to identify and drive strategy
• Proven record of working cross functionally with colleagues
• Ability to identify key priorities within a heavy workload and execute on them
• Ambassador of the business with sufficient stature internally and externally to represent the business positively
• Intellectually strong
• Able to travel and geographically mobile
• Sense of humor and practical attitude
• Familiarity with basic functionality, and comfort using, a range of digital devices (smartphones, tablets, PCs, etc.)
• Eligibility to work in Mexico
• Educated to degree level
• Fluency in English and Spanish