CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Tax Senior in Minneapolis, Minnesota
CliftonLarsonAllen is looking for an experienced professional to join this talented* Federal Tax Solutions team* in our Minneapolis, MN office. If you are an innovative professional who enjoys challenging work and face-to-face client interaction, this is the role for you! The successful applicant would have great communication, project management, and organizational skills. This individual would also enjoy an entrepreneurial environment.
CliftonLarsonAllen, a top 10 national CPA firm with more than 50 years of experience of providing excellent service to our clients and great career opportunities for our people, wants you to join our team! At CliftonLarsonAllen, you will gain the experiences and training needed for you to build a great career. We develop outstanding professionals and leaders who grow with our firm and who help our firm grow. The Federal Tax Solutions group provides high end tax consulting projects to companies throughout the United States. These companies cover a multitude of industries.
- The successful candidate will work on specialty tax services projects including the research and development tax credit, cost segregation studies, fixed asset depreciation studies, 179D energy efficient building deduction studies and 45L residential tax credit studies
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Prepare and deliver client presentations and engagements
- Coordinate and collect information from architects, engineers and contractors
- Analyze cost, design, construction data and drawings to determine appropriate classification of various assets and develop an understanding of components eligible for cost segregation
- Accurately estimate quantities and costs of building components to be segregated
- Develop basic understanding of building energy systems to assist with the completion of 179D and 45L studies
- Help produce and oversee production of technical reports and assist lower-level associates with resolution of issues
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities with current clients
Additional Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Accounting or related field
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience working with the following studies is a plus: Cost Segregation, R&D;, 179D and 45L
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel (the actual travel amount will vary, it is estimated at 25%)
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With over 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-0878
Title: Tax Senior