HyperGrid Principal QA Performance Engineer in Mountain View, California
Principal QA Performance Engineer HyperGrid™ is the leader in Hyper Converged All-Flash Infrastructure for the Cloud-Inspired Data Center. HyperGrid™ is in hyper growth mode, recognized by Forrester and industry analysts as the company executing a transformative vision in delivering the most optimized infrastructure platform for enterprise IT lines of business.
As Principal QA performance engineer you will be the key engineer responsible for performance testing and benchmarking the HyperGrid solution. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Principal performance engineer will work collaboratively with Engineering, Product Management and our CTO to develop a world class Software as a Service platform (SaaS) within the HyperGrid infrastructure.
Responsibilities • Build out performance lab and establish key performance metrics. • Drive performance roadmap based on customer workloads. • Document and evangelize key performance metrics and benchmarks release to release • Responsible for all performance workload metrics and durability metrics and testing.
Required · 8+ years of experience testing a web based application in a highly scalable environment.
· 5+ years of hands development building test automation or scale test benchmarking tools.
· Deep understanding of different performance workloads and their effect on performance such as SQL, VDI, etc.
· 8+ years hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hadoop, Hive, Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr, Mongo, Cassandra.
· Deep understanding of system level architecture such as threads, processes, synchronization, shared memory, sockets, etc.
· Expert in understanding data structures/algorithms and the trade-offs for performance.
· Familiar with SOA, micro services, and other distributed application technologies.
· Must have leadership qualities to drive performance root cause and resolution through the software development process.
· Willingness to learn new technologies and development techniques will make you a stellar Principal Performance QA Engineer at our dynamic late stage start up!
Benefits of working with HyperGrid™! Top Notch Health Benefits – Medical Dental Vision Life & Accident Insurance
Weekly “win” celebration
Free parking and commuter benefits
Kitchen stocked with tasty snacks, drinks & latte’s
Pre-IPO Equity Option