Washington State Maintenance Mechanic 2 in Mt. Vernon, Washington
*This position is open until filled. *
This opportunity is currently open only to WSDOT internal candidates.
WSDOT has an exceptional opportunity for a journey-level trades professional who is excited to take on a variety of tasks and is willing to train to become an all-around expert in facilities maintenance. We are currently looking someone who is familiar and has some experience with: carpentry, electrical work, HVAC work, plumbing, and any other experience applicable with facilities maintenance. Due to the vast scope of our facilities throughout the Northwest region, the successful candidate will have in-depth exposure to a great wealth of skill-building opportunities.
This position will perform the following work:
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing and performing preventative maintenance on a variety of building systems.
- Plan and execute maintenance, repair and renovation projects.
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints and specifications.
- Troubleshoot and relay information clearly and communicate effectively (including use of a two-way radio, smart phone and e-mail).
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A valid driver license.
- Journey-level experience working in an applicable trade: carpentry, electrical work, HVAC work, plumbing, etc.).
- Successful completion of program a Trade School or participation in an accredited Apprenticeship Program.
- High school diploma or GED.
- The ability to respond to duty station with 1 hour.
- Trade licenses or certifications (any trade listed above).
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolds, in man lifts, scissor lifts, and operates a fork lift.
This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the WFSE, or arrange to pay to that union a fee equivalent to its regular monthly dues. The union shop provision shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State's automated tracking system, NeoGov. To be considered for this position you will need to answer any supplemental questions. As part of these questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Peter Asaiat 206-440-4066or email to firstname.lastname@example.org*.* Please reference recruitment number 2016-NWR-144
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email at email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-NWR-144
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $44,652.00 - $50,496.00 Annually
Location: Skagit County - Mt. Vernon, WA