College of Western Idaho CTE Instructor – Cisco Networking and Security Technologies in Nampa, Idaho
*FLSA STATUS: *Exempt
*DEPARTMENT: *Cisco Networking & Security
POSITION TYPE: Temporary, Full-Time Benefitted
JOB LEVEL: Faculty
*RESPONSIBLE TO: *Assistant Dean, CTE Administration
Instructors teach assigned classes in accordance with established policies and guidelines; participate in advising, committee assignments, and other academic and institutional support activities; and perform supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB *
- Teach approved IT/Internetworking curriculum, as assigned; may include advanced Cisco routing and switching, wireless and VOIP technology
- Develop daily lesson plans and teaching aids, using appropriate instructional technology
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
- Assess student outcomes and provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students
- Complete professional development and in-service activities in accordance with college standards
- Maintain expertise in subject area and implement improvements in curriculum design, as needed
- Maintain industry connections to assure curriculum consistency with employer needs
- Perform academic advising and graduate job placement referrals and assistance
- Participate in Departmental and College meetings
- Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Industry experience acquired by full-time, successful employment in applicable field. Teaching experience, especially at community college level preferred.
- Must currently hold CISCO CCNA
- Possess or qualify for an Occupational Specialist Teaching Certificate from Idaho Professional Technical Education (see www.pte.idaho.gov/Certification or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for requirements). Certificate or confirmation of pending certificate from PTE is required prior to start date.
- Treasure Valley candidate with local industry affiliations preferred.
Tracking Code: 490-801
Salary Range: $48,800 - $58,560 annually