Washington State DSHS Juvenile Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant in Naselle, Washington
You can make a real difference in the lives of at-risk youth when you join our dedicated team at the Naselle Youth Camp, located in Naselle, Washington. We are seeking a dedicated and reliable Juvenile Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant to provide coordination of restorative justice efforts for youth experiencing difficulties while in school, and provide therapeutic intervention. You will support the counselors' treatment and programming goals, and provide security. This opportunity is primarily based at the campus school, and will supervise residents as needed throughout the facility when school is not in session
You will have the opportunity to:
- Engage with youth and educators to de-escalate behavior using approved intervention techniques
- Redirect youth toward and engage them in pro-social behavior with the goal of enabling them to return to class
- Follow up with youth to ascertain their understanding of the impact of their choices and actions
- Advocate for sanctioned youth and serve as mentor
- Engage youth in understanding and making amends for harm impact by their behaviors
- Partner with Camp personnel and school to implement restorative justice activities
- Present to community organizations and civic group about restorative justice and solicit engagement to create restitution and amendment activities on campus and in the community
- Ensure safety and security of residents and staff
- Provide informal counseling as needs arise using the Rehabilitation Administration therapeutic treatment model
- Maintain safety and security of the physical infrastructure by performing routing and random security duties Here's what we're looking for: Individuals with a Bachelor's degree or those with two years of college education and two years of experience in casework, counseling, probation and parole, social services, planning, directing or facilitating youth group activities, or experience in a related field.
Individuals who previously served two years as a Juvenile Rehabilitation Security Officer and with two years of college education are also encouraged to apply.
Interested Applicants Apply today and provide a complete application specifying your work experience and include the following:
- A cover letter detailing applicable vocational experience.
- A current resume
- Three professional references (with full contact information Address, Phone Numbers and E-mail if Known) Please note: An education degree must be from an accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a foreign equivalent. A degree in Social Work must be from an educational program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to pass a background check and complete a questionnaire mandated by the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) inquiring about any sexual misconduct.
Questions? Contact Christina Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09984 ZA60E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/26/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,724.00 - $3,541.00 Monthly
Location: Pacific County – Naselle, WA