Washington State DSHS Juvenile Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant in Naselle, Washington
You can make a real difference in the lives of at-risk youth when you join our dedicated team at the Naselle Youth Camp, located in Naselle, Washington. We are seeking a dedicated and reliable Juvenile Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant who will supervise and provide vocational training for our residents, preparing them for employment when they return to the community. In addition to ensuring both safety and security of the youth and other staff within a therapeutic- and rehabilitation-focused environment, you also need strong vocational experience in basic grounds keeping and the use of basic grounds keeping equipment. These include weed eaters, commercial push mowers, large commercial push mower, chain saws, walk-behind brush cutters, and blowers. You will also need skills in pulling a basic landscaping trailer to locations within the local community. Persons with applicable logging, forestry or farming experiences are encouraged to apply.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Monitor and supervise youth and visitors within a secure treatment milieu, meeting professional standards of care
- Ensure the safety and security of residents, staff and visitors
- Monitor youth behavior, interaction, and resident movement
- Organize and supervise vocational and other activities
- Provide therapeutic treatment interventions to youth including clients with a complex range of co-occurring disorders, cognitive impairment, and/or medical fragility Here's what we're looking for: A bachelor's degree
Two years of college education and two years of experience as a Juvenile Rehabilitation Security Officer
Two years of college education and two years of experience in casework, counseling, probation and parole, social services, planning, directing or facilitating youth group activities, or experience in a related field
Interested Applicants Apply today and provide a complete application specifying your work experience and include the following:
- A cover letter detailing applicable vocational experience.
- A current resume
- Three professional references Please note: An education degree must be from an accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a foreign equivalent. A degree in Social Work must be from an educational program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to pass a background check and complete a questionnaire mandated by the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) inquiring about any sexual misconduct.
For questions about this recruitment, contact Christina Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09621 BV52
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,724.00 - $3,541.00 Monthly
Location: Pacific County – Naselle, WA