HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Echo Technician - PRN in Nashville, Tennessee
_TriStar Skyline Medical Center – Nashville, TN_
Thank you for your interest in joining our team of healthcare professionals at TriStarSkyline Medical Center, part of the TriStar Family of Hospitals. Our facilities offer a variety of career opportunities. With 18 hospitals and 10 ambulatory surgery centers located throughout Tennessee, Kentucky and North Georgia, you’re sure to find the one workplace that does more for you – personally and professionally.
The TriStar Health team is made up of approximately 5,300 physicians and nearly 10,000 employees united by one purpose: to make the most of each other’s talents. That means you’ll have the support and the resources you need to pursue your goals. Join us here for a rewarding future.
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is currently looking for PRN Registered Echo Technician.
The Echosonographer will be responsible for demonstrating:
* Understanding of cross-sectional human anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology to obtain optimal studies.
* Constantly evaluate accuracy and quality of scan results.
* Maintains knowledge in all facets of performing the optimal studies. This includes pertinent clinical history and related diagnostic procedures, ultrasound physics, normal anatomy and pathological variants.
* Competent in production, use, recognition and analysis of images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment. He/she will maintain knowledge about high frequency sound waves and other diagnostic techniques for medical purposes.
* Assist the cardiologist in the completion of intricate echo examinations, including a range of measurements and motion.
* Primary liaison between patients and departmental physicians and other members of the support team.
* Remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring, and patient care skills. * Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure that patient’s rights are protected. * Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships both inter- and intra-departmentally; to foster good customer relations and to observe the Skyline Medical Center mission statement. * Knowledgeable and compliant with the policies, procedures, and regulations relating to the Department of Medical Imaging. * Use professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing their duties. * Participate in continuing education for optimal patient care, public education and enhanced knowledge and technical competence.
_POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:_ * Graduation from an accredited education program in ultrasound or * ARDMS (denotes successful completion of the certification examination), (or registry eligible) * RDCS – Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer – preferred * CCI – Cardiovascular Credentialing International - preferred * 1 year post-graduate experience – preferred * American Heart Association BLS certification required.
Title: Echo Technician - PRN
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Skyline Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06020-55037