HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Clinical Lead - Emergency Room/ER in Nashville, Tennessee
• Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
• Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives established annually as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
• Assists with departmental financial performance by evaluating patient outcomes, promoting cost-justified care and planning and implementing staffing levels based on current census, matrix, acuity of patients and competency of staff.
• Assists with ensuring customer needs are met (staff, M.D., patient, etc.)
• Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
• Assists with maintaining an environment that promotes patient safety.
• Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff, quarterly. This information is used to improve patient safety.
• Assists with ensuring that staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
• Attends, provides and ensures staff attendance at in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards.
• Identifies staff learning needs and assists in the development of the staff on an ongoing basis.
• Assists with addressing patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
• Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a productive manner.
• Ability to adapt communication approaches to different members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Serves as a clinical expert to staff and physician
• Ability and self-assurance to be assertive and innovative when collaborating with physicians and the interdisciplinary team.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to identify and resolve issues that affect patients and the team.
• Assist with ensuring staff are checked off on competency validations.
• Mentor Charge Nurses with regard to productivity and patient flow.
• Work to develop staff Preceptors. • Meet with Orientees and Preceptors to assess progress. •
• Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s prepared or Master’s degree required • Current TN licensure • BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC • 3 Years Previous clinical ED experience
Title: RN Clinical Lead - Emergency Room/ER
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Skyline Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06020-51075