Hilton Security Officer in Nassau, Bahamas, The
A Security Officer with Hilton Hotels & Resorts patrols, monitors, and observes security procedures to ensure a safe Guest and Member experience while investigating theft and managing instances of undesirable behaviour.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand? One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time. What will I be doing?
As a Security Officer, you are responsible for monitoring and controlling staff entrancespatrolling on a regular basis, and managing undesirable behaviour to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience. A Security Officer would also be required to investigate theft and support evacuation procedures. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Monitor and control staff entrances,(all the acceses at property as main entrance, parking, elevators, guests, vendors, employees, etc)
- Conduct regular searches of bags, etc. carried by members of staff and report discrepancies or violations immediately
- Control the Goods pass out procedure for any items purchased, loaned, or otherwise legitimately obtained.
- Maintain system that monitors contractors working in the hotel in accordance with company health and safety policies
- Responsible for checking goods received â€œout of hoursâ€
- Maintain system that records the issue and receipt of departmental keys
- Operate, check and monitor the CCTV system(only certificated guards)
- Patrol the hotel on a regular basis ensuring fire walks take place and are recorded
- Ensure safe passage of cash transfers within the hotel
- Support evacuation of the hotel during fire alarm situations
- Monitor suspicious packages and be aware of bomb and terror threat procedures
- Ensure hotel facilities and function rooms remain secure and locked when not in use
- Maintain the Security Log Book and Incident Reports
- Investigate and report all allegations of theft, criminal damage and other incidents
- Manage undesirable behaviour in a professional manner, intervening and defusing potential altercations
- Liaise with Police in the absence of Security Team Leader
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations
What are we looking for?
A Security Officer serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Good grooming standards
- Ability to work under pressure, keeping calm in emergency situations
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in customer service environment
- First Aid
- Knowledge of P.A.C.E.
- IT proficiency
- Fire combat trainning
Are there any Special Conditions Related to this Position? Yes. This position requires a Criminal Records Bureau Check. Hilton Worldwide will conduct this check during the employment process.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality. More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest rooms Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011 Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry.
Job: Security and Loss Prevention
Title: Security Officer
Requisition ID: HOT046KA