HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Assistant Director- Patient Access Tulane in New Orleans, Louisiana
- JOB TITLE: Assistant Director Patient Access (Hospital-Based) *
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES- The Assistant Director of Patient Access is responsible for assisting the Director in the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Shared Service Center and facility based clinics. The Assistant Director of Patient Access integrates the department’s services with the clinic’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
TRANSITION DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: • Assist the Director to plan, prepare and integrate Patient Access processes with SSC’s during deployment • Assist the Director to establish controls and review mechanisms for SSC policies and procedures related to Patient Access
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: *
• Assist the Director to oversee clinic operations of Patient Access functions (e.g. pre-registration, benefit verification, preauthorization, admission/registration, service pre-payment, etc.) to ensure daily operations are maintained according to standard • Serve as the primary liaison between the SSC and the Facility • Maintain and promote good customer relations with clinic management, physicians and physician office staff • Review Patient Access performance to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance and standards fulfillment as defined in SSC Service Level Agreements • Inform Patient Access Director of any significant issues in the Patient Access area (e.g., Preregistration delays, pre-authorization backlogs, etc.) • Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and company compliance policies, ensuring timely staff education • Inform staff of relevant changes and developments in payer requirements • Ensure quality review measurements are in place • Facilitate implementation and monitoring of standard master files, processes, reporting and education programs • Oversee management of Patient Access personnel, providing recommendations for hiring, promotion, salary adjustment and personnel action where appropriate • Develop specific objectives, budgets, and performance standards for each area of responsibility • Identify and implement process improvements to lower costs and improve services to facility customers • Perform staff reviews and prepare performance documents for direct reports • Recommends sufficient number of qualified/competent staff. • Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms. • Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered. • Attends in-service presentations, and complete mandatory education week including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards. • Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues. • Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement” • Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES * • Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership- guides individuals and groups toward desire outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution- oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Policies & Procedures- articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial management – applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Project management – assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Start-Up Operations – understands complexities and needs to start up, build and maintain a new business
EDUCATION* • BS or BA degree required.• MBA or MHA degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE* • Experience in healthcare, healthcare management or finance.
Title: Assistant Director- Patient Access Tulane
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans-Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08948-124481